40 meter band antennas, projects
(Featuring 207 resources)
- Coaxial-Cable Trap Dipole
- An Attic Coaxial-Cable trap dipole for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 80 meters
- W5GI Mystery Antenna
- W5GI Mystery Antenna is a multi-band wire antenna that performs exceptionally well even though it confounds antenna modeling software.
This antenna covers 80 to 6 meters with low feed point impedance and will work with most radios, with or without an antenna tuner. It is approximately 100 feet long, can handle the legal limit, and is easy and inexpensive to build. It is similar to a G5RV but a much better performer especially on 20 meters.
- A magnetic loop antenna for HF
- Able to cover all frequencies between 3.5 and about 10 MHz, the loop described here is directional, does not require a radial system, and stands just 1.8 metres tall. Most parts needed can be purchased at a hardware shop. The antenna can be put together in an afternoon and requires only hand tools to assemble. It should cost less than sixty dollars to build.
by Peter Parker VK3YE ex VK1PK
- Antennas for HF mobile operation
- The following description should give you guidance on how to build a mobile antenna for HF bands yourself, using a very cheap CB-mobile whip antenna base. Antennas for mobile operation 7Mhz ,10Mhz, 14Mhz, 18Mhz, 21Mhz, 24Mhz,28-430Mhz
- Trapped dipole for 40-80-160 meters
- Build a space efficient trapped dipole antenna for 40-80-160 meter bands using RG-58 and PVC pipe by W8NX
- 40 thru 10 Meter Zepp Antenna
- A modified 20 meter double zepp wire Operating Bands: 40 thru 10 meters (with tuner), basic construction and performance information.
- Build this Novice 4 band vertical
- Home made vertical antenna for 80 40 15 10 meters
ARRL PDF file taken from QST June 1978
- A portable 10/20/40 mt vertical antenna
- A portable vertical antenna for 10 to 40 meters, designed for mobile operations can be used in a car as seen in pictures. A modified version for 20 and 40 meters is described too.
- The 40 meter Stealth Vertical
- Vertical antenna for 40 meters band
- 40m/80m Portable antenna
- Portable antenna for 40 and 80 meter
- VK5AH -HF 4 Bander dipole
- 80 - 40 - 20 - 15 meters dipole antenna
- Stealth Multiband Vertical
- A vertical antenna for 40 and 80 meters band, using a telescoping fiberglass fishing pole.
- Quad Antenna System by Pfeiffer Maltese
- Excellent Quad Antenna projects for 40 20 17 12 10 and 6 meters band in this pdf file project by Pfeiffer Maltese
- Indoor antenna de F6CYV
- Indoor wire antenna project for 7 Mhz band
- A Portable Multi-Band Magnetic Loop Antenna
- Described here is a simple multi-band magnetic loop antenna designed for 20, 30 and 40 metres, but by changing the overall length of the wire coverage of other bands is feasible
- 7 MHz Vertical antenna
- 7 MHz Vertical antenna for ham radio - 40 meter band in spanish
- Build a Double Bazooka HF antenna
- Build a double bazooka coaxial dipole, broad-band dipole antenna
- VK5BR 20-40 Metre EH Antennas
- How to construct a very small but efficient Antenna with PVC Plumbing tube and discarded fruit cans. - Just the thing to fit in a small space such as the house attic
- Semi-vertical trap antenna
- The G3NGD Semi-vertical Trap Antenna for 1,8 3,5 and 7MHz
- G5RV Beam
- G5RV 40m Beam Antenna
- 40m Short Antenna
- GM4JMU shortened dipole for 40 meters band
- A Small Loop Antenna for Forty Meters
- Article on a small loop antenna for forty meters band by Ben Smith, W4KSY
- Wireman-J-Poles for 2m-40m
- J-Poles with Wireman-cables for the quarterwave matching section
- K3KY's Short Beverage
- Originally planned as an 80/160 Beverage, this antenna is a terrific performer on 40 and 30 meters
- Dual Loop 80 and 40 Meter
- A dual loop antenna, ZZ Wave Net HF Wire Antenna Project by VE6VIS.
The antenna is basically a full wave 80 meter loop on top and a 40 meter loop on the bottom all supported from a 64 foot center support
- 7Mhz Vertical antenna
- The secret with this antenna is to install as many radials as you can around the base of the antenna, they can be anything from 1/8 wave or longer.
- "Halfer" End-Fed Halfwave Antenna
- End-Fed Half-Wave Antenna for the 7 or 10 MHZ amateur bands intended to provide a very simple to erect yet effective portable QRP antenna.
- Linear-Loaded Dipole for 7 MHz
- A short but efficient dipole for 40 meters band
- A linear loaded vertical antenna
- Vertical antenna design by David Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
- Multi-Band Super Mini Loop Antenna
- How to make the Super antenna.
To build this antenna you need a lot that is at least 100 feet across.
Antenna covers all bands 80-10 meters + 30, 17, 12 meter WARC Bands
This antenna works as a Full Wave Loop on 80 Meters and also works as a 2 wavelength open loop or Bi-Square on the 40 Meter band
- Shunt feed a hustler mobile HF Antenna
- 40 and 20 meters mobile antenna
- Receiving antenna for low bands
- K9AY loop antenna installed at PA6Z Contest group. This is a receiving antennas for the low bands (160m, 80m and 40m). Include schematics and info on a building the control box, preamplifier and low-pass filter
- An improved 40-80 double extended zepp
- Article originally published in ARRL compendium by N6LF revisits the classic double extended Zepp to improve pattern and SWR bandwidth.
The DEZepp is essentially two end-fed collinear
- Reflected W Beam
- Hexagonal Wire Beams for 40-10m from DL7IO,
different mono/multiband designs with building descriptions and model files for EZNEC
- LA6NCA Loop antenna
- Car mount magnetic loop antenna plans from 3.5 MHz to 7.5 MHz, LA6NCA, Larvik, Norway
- 40 meter shortened dipole - M0MCX
- Interesting little project with a couple of loading coils by M0MCX
- K9FV 40 meters band loop
- A Mississippi Style 40 meter magnetic loop
made from available aluminum conduit, this antenna will not disappoint by Ken Holland, K9FV
- 40 M. triangular full wave vertical loop
- Shorty Forty Antenna
- Short dipole antenna for 40 meter ham band.
Can be put up in the space required for a 20 meter dipole.
- Half-sloper antenna for 40-80
- K9CZB QST article about sloper antenna project for 40 and 80 meters band
- 40-80 Half-Extended Double Zepp Antenna
- A dual-bander for 80M and 40m. An Extended Double Zepp (EDZ) is a 5/4 wavelength center-fed dipole.
This article will introduce the Half-Extended Double Zepp (HEDZ) which has characteristics that a lot of amateur radio operators should find quite interesting
- The Hudson antenna
- A vertical antenna for 80 and 40 meters project with lots of assembling pictures and plan by LU9DPD in spanish
[ Hits: 2422 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- TLV40m antenna
- Top Loaded vertical antenna for 40m Band with elevated radials
[ Hits: 1863 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Top loaded vertical
- Vertical Antenna for 40m Band with elevated Radials
Top Load is a Mesh 2 x 1 meter (Netz 2x1m)
enamelled wire 0.5 mm diameter (CuL 0,5mm)
[ Hits: 2027 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Trapped dipole for 40 80m
- I0SJC trapped dipole for 40 and 80 meters, traps done with 170 turns 1 mm diam, on a 3.2 mm cilinder in Italian.
[ Hits: 1260 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Trapped dipole for 80 and 40 m
- This article explores a theoretical model for the losses of an 80m / 40m trapped inverted V dipole antenna system using a bootstrap coax trap, but does not examine the pattern of the antenna.
[ Hits: 2387 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Two Element Phased Verticals
- Two 40 meter phased vertical antennas, project, pictures and description by W4NFR
[ Hits: 267 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- VE7CA portable tribander yagi
- 30/17/12 and 20/15/10-Meter Tribanders and a 40 meters inverted V wire yagi antenna
[ Hits: 1751 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Vertical antenna for 40 and 80m
- Homebrew a vertical antenna for 40 and 80 meters band based on popular HF2V model by DL7JV
[ Hits: 2237 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Vertical Antenna For 40- 80-160 Meters
- The basic antenna is a vertical monopole, using elevated radials to complete the ground plane by k5oe
[ Hits: 3635 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Vertical Antenna for 7 MHz
- DF9CY experience on a vertical antenna for 40 meter band
[ Hits: 1077 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1.67 ]
- Vertical Dipole for 40 Meters band
- A lightweight portable vertical antenna for 40m
[ Hits: 729 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Vertical Moxon for 40 meters
- A vertical half-moxon for the 7 Mhz by F6IRF
[ Hits: 2074 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Vk5BR 20-40 Metre EH Antenna
- VK5BR article on home brewing your own EH Antenna for 40 meters band
[ Hits: 1067 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- W1AB Killer Antenna
- An elevated ground plane sized as a 40 meter antenna but fed with ladder line and antenna tuner for hf and 160 meters.
[ Hits: 2190 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- W1ZY 40 meter moxon antenna
- W1ZY's 40 Meter MOXON is the product of 9 months of experimentation. The final array is reversible and constructed from No. 12 insulated wire fed through two RF current baluns
[ Hits: 2458 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- W3DZZ for 40 and 80 meter
- Home made w3dzz antenna for 40 and 80 meters band
[ Hits: 1171 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- W3HH antenna for 40 meters
- Pictures and plan to build a wire W3HH antenna for 7 Mhz.
[ Hits: 4424 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 7.45 ]
- W5VMs Shorty 40 Antenna
- A shortened dipole for 40 meters band by Martin E. Meserve
[ Hits: 1070 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- W6NL 40m Moxon Yagi
- Designed and built by W6NL looks like a loaded yagi this 2 element moxon antenna offer 6dbi
[ Hits: 3585 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 4.13 ]
- W7AV 40 Meter Half Square
- These antennas offer big gun DX performance on the low bands, yet they are surprisingly simple to build. Try one- you will like it!
[ Hits: 3208 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.67 ]
- W8HDU 40m Vertical design
- Design of a 40 meter Vertical antenna
[ Hits: 380 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Wire Dipole for 7.05 MHz
- Inverted Vee antenna for 40m with simulation data by DF9CY
[ Hits: 1222 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Wireman-J-Poles for 2m-40m
- J-Poles with Wireman-cables for the quarterwave matching section
[ Hits: 24202 | Votes: 164 | Rating: 8.31 ]
- Yagi for 80 and 40 meters
- Design plan of an array of a two element yagis for 80m and a 3 element 40m antenna sharing a single 12 meters long boom by EA5DY
[ Hits: 489 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- ZMV Spiral antennas
- An experimental antenna similar to the TAK spiral antenna was evaluated for SWR response
over the frequency range of 7.0 to 7.3 MHz, or the 40-meter band.
[ Hits: 2619 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.83 ]
- ZZ Wave Net
- ZZ Wave Net is a 40 & 80 meter full wave loop designed to fit on a city lot. ZZ Antenna is a folded dipole bent into an inverted V loop
[ Hits: 8825 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.76 ]
- ZZ Wave net antenna
- Setting up a ZZ Wave antenna, a dual band loop antenna covering 80 and 40 meters.
[ Hits: 253 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]