Balun Construction. Baluns are devices to balance unbalanced systems.
- Sleeve Baluns
- Sleeve baluns are normally used at VHF and higher. As a general rule, they are not practical at HF.
The balun can be inverted and used as a skirt to form part of the antenna element
[ Hits: 872 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- Some Aspects of the Balun Problem
- Why all the mystery surrounding baluns ? To use or not to use baluns
[ Hits: 699 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Switchable Balun
- A 1:1 to 4:1 switchable balun by N1LO
[ Hits: 2953 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Switchable MTFT for Wire-Antennas
- A switchable Magnetic Transformer for Transmitting for various impedances
[ Hits: 204 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.28 ]
- TH6 balun replacement project
- VE7AVV replace balun on a TH6 antenna
[ Hits: 1058 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- The 9:1 balun
- Antenna special on hard-core-dx.com
[ Hits: 31435 | Votes: 30 | Rating: 5.39 ]
- The Coax Balun
- Building balus with coax cables
[ Hits: 1599 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- The DC Isolated 1:1 Guanella
- The DC Isolated 1:1 Guanella, transmission line transformer by N7ZWY
[ Hits: 399 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The Guanella Balun
- An interesting article on guanella baluns that cover several aspects of homebrewing 1:1 and 4:1 current baluns by KN9B
[ Hits: 533 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- The Ugly Balun
- A 1:1 choke balun for 160 thru 10 meters using one continuos lenght of coax to rig.
[ Hits: 5494 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Transformer for Ground-Independent Receiving Antennas
- Transformers theory and calculator of turns on binocular cores. Comparison with toroid cores.
[ Hits: 1131 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Transmitting Baluns
- One of the most popular Ham-lore rumors is a balun's performance can be tested or evaluated by grabbing the coax and watching for an SWR change. This is probably one of the worse test-rumors circulating
[ Hits: 3162 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- Tuner Baluns on Input
- There is a common perception that placing a balun on the input of a tuner causes the balun to work better. The thought is the balun operates with a matched impedance and that reduces balun losses. It also is thought that moving the balun improves balance.
[ Hits: 470 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Tutorial on ferrite balun cores
- Toroid cores, ferrite rods a good electrical tutorial on baluns
[ Hits: 3298 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 1.50 ]
- Using Delta Matching on HF Beams
- Using delta match with HF antennas design
[ Hits: 5354 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.50 ]
- WB6ZQZ 3 in 1 Balun
- Builing a triple ration balun, that match resonant antennas from 9 ohms to 75 ohms with 1.5:1 or less SWR
[ Hits: 6198 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- When and Where to Use Baluns
- Baluns are usually used by Hams to feed dipole antennas with 50 ohm coax and to transpose from ladder line feeding a multi-band antenna to the unbalanced input of an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 336 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- When you need a balun
- Answer to a common question, Do I have to have a balun in my antenna ?
[ Hits: 4642 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Winding style of toroid chokes and baluns
- Dispels myth about choke balun winding method
[ Hits: 8978 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 6.78 ]
- Wire Baluns
- Baluns done with coaxial feed-cable
[ Hits: 1572 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
10M12M15M160M17M20M2M30M40M4M6M70cm80MActiveAntenna CalculatorsArrayBaluns *BazookaBeverageCobWebbCoilsCollinearDelta loopDipoleEHEnd-FedFan DipoleFeed LinesFour SquareFractalG5RVHaloHandheldsHB9CVHelicalHentennaHexBeamHomebrewing TechniquesHornIndoorInstallationJ-PoleK9AYLindenbladLog PeriodicLongwaveLoopMagnetic LoopMasts and mountsMobileMoxonMultibandNVISOCFPatchPortableQuadQuagiReceivingRepair and MaintenanceResonant Feedline DipoleRhombicSatelliteShortwaveSkeleton SlotSlim JimSloperSlotSpiralStealthT2FDTheoryTowersTrapsTunersVerticalVHF UHFW3DZZW3EDPWiFiWindomWireYagiZS6BKW
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
Antennas : Baluns
Balun Construction. Baluns are devices that are used to balance unbalanced systems, from here the acronym BalUn. In antenna feed lines, the balun is often used to balance a coax cable and a dipole antenna
Recent Links Switchable MTFT for Wire-Antennas When and Where to Use Baluns Balun designs Antenna Theory : Baluns 1:49 Transformer
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links