About Antenna Gain
- Explanation of antenna basics concepts like antenna gain at marc's technical pages
- How much gain ? This article help you on understanding how read antenna gain values in order to evaluate antenna performance
Antenna Gain Comparison System
- This device goal is to optimize homebrew antenna for the V/UHF band. This tool, is based itself on the simultaneously comparison between two antenna, directly in dB. by IK0BDO
Antenna Gain on Trial
- Most people think it's a good thing to have and the more the better. However, this is not always true - and the amount of gain is often not what it appears to be. Assuming higher gain is what you need, how do you determine what will give the best performance?
Antenna Gain to ERP
- A radio's transmitting power can be concentrated along the horizon by use of a GAIN antenna. Although you may still be transmitting with four watts of power, your effective radiated powerwill be greatly increased. This table shows the effects of antenna gain on a transmitter with 4 watts of transmit power.
Antenna Gain versus Height
- Antenna gain for horizontal, vertical, and tilted orientation of a dipole for heights between 5 and 50 feet.
Corner reflector antenna
- Do you need a high gain antenna? Have you suffered on picking up interference from unwanted direction? You need a directional antenna but a 12 element Yagi will be too attractive!
CSVHFS Antenna Gain Measurements
- The Central States VHF Society has conducted Antenna Gain Measurements since its inception in 1967. Comparisons between commercial and homebrew antennas, between different homebrew designs, and between different commercial designs. Mostly VHF UHF and up antennas.
dB: What is a decibel?
- Decibels: dB, dBA, dBC, dBV, dBm and dBi? What are they all? How are they related to loudness, to phons and to sones? This page describes and compares them all and gives sound file examples.
- The dbm online calculator and reference table for 50 Ohm
- What decibel mean in RF Gain and how used DB Values in Gain calculation
G/T Simulations - by VE7BQH
- Here you will find information on how antennas behave when stacked
G/T is an important figure-of-merit for the antenna's overall receive performance, because it balances forward gain (G) against received thermal noise (T).
Gain of Helix
- This article summarizes probably the most extensive numerical modelling calculations on the helical antenna ever performed.
Measuring antenna gain
- The gain of an antenna is measured in relation to the gain of another further specified antenna through a comparison measurement.
The Gain of an Endfire Array
- This article looks at the maximum theoretically possible directive gain that could be obtained with an endfire array of given length or number of elements, and compares this with practical results in the literature.
Understanding Antenna Gain
- Antenna Gain is 'the relative increase in radiation at the maximum point expressed as a value in decibels (dB) above a reference antenna'