Antenna theory, basics,design antenna
- Ground / Radial Systems
- Guide to ground mounting antennas by Bencher
[ Hits: 889 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Ground Loss and Vertical Antennas
- How manage and quantify ground loss in vertically-polarized antennas by VE3VN
[ Hits: 211 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Ground Problems
- Collection of articles about ground systems
[ Hits: 1092 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Grounding system
- Perhaps one of the most over looked aspects of setting up a listening post is a ground system
[ Hits: 12175 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 4.18 ]
- Groundplane Antennas at Various Heights
- Mounting on Roof or at Ground Level?
[ Hits: 609 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Harmonic Operation of OCFs - Theory
- Up, Up, and Away or Harmonic Operation of OCFs
[ Hits: 328 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF Antenna Coupling Techniques
- Look at some of the various ways in which power can be delivered from a transmitter to a radiating system
[ Hits: 354 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF antenna for high rise dwellers
- If you have ever tried transmitting on HF from a tall block of apartments, where it's just not possible to erect a substantial aerial system, then this article is for you by Mel G4WYW
[ Hits: 4451 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- HF Antennas 101
- Here are 10 tips and truisms that every ham should know about antennas, by W20QI
[ Hits: 515 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF insulation, the pitfalls
- Although insulation may seem relatively insignificant in the larger picture, on it depends the quality of your performance on air and how long you will be communicating for.
[ Hits: 386 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF loops vs Half Loops
- HF loop and half-loop antennas in a few words
[ Hits: 1096 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal Antennas above Real Ground
- Antennas are influenced by the effect of the ground and by the type of conductors from which they are constructed. Effects of various types of grounds on a 1.825 MHz horizontal 0.5 wave dipole
[ Hits: 423 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal Half-wave Dipole above a Counterpoise
- All antennas that are situated close to the ground are affected by that ground to some extent. This article explain effects and benefits of counterpoise.
[ Hits: 1043 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal vs Vertical Antennas
- CX2UA article on differences of vertical and horizontal antennas in spanish
[ Hits: 236 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- How good an antenna is ?
- How good is an antenna?
Four figures describe how good an antenna is compared to the required performance, swr directivity gain and bandwidth
[ Hits: 148 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How important is Low SWR
- What exacly is the meaning of SWR ? Is a Low SWR really important
[ Hits: 634 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- How to Construct a Dipole
- Basic and illustrated article on building wire dipole antennas. This page is about "how to build a dipole antenna"
[ Hits: 10061 | Votes: 19 | Rating: 6.53 ]
- How's Your SWR?
- Chart showing how SWR effects how much power you actually radiate from your antenna.
[ Hits: 816 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Human Body Resonance Frequencies
- Wondering whether human body could be used as an antenna.
[ Hits: 197 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Idiot's guide to antennas
- A very basic guide to antennas concept. Explain the usage of dummy load, basic antennas like dipole o j-poles.
[ Hits: 1126 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1383 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Indoor Random Wire versus Indoor Magnetic Loop
- Comparison of performance between an indoor random wire versus a magnetic loop using psk31
[ Hits: 857 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Inductors used in antenna matching networks
- Article about variometers, helipot inductors, roller inductors, binary switched inductors, Coil and Capstan by G3YNH
[ Hits: 407 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Install a PL-259 on an RG-8X
- A better way to install PL-259 connectors on RG-8X type coax by Dan Richardson, K6MHE
[ Hits: 21865 | Votes: 33 | Rating: 8.18 ]
- Integrated Publishing Basics
- Radio wave propagation, Principles of transmission lines, Antennas
[ Hits: 851 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
[ Hits: 1608 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- J-Pole theory
- The J-Pole antenna is an omnidirectional antenna that can be used for base, mobile and field day stations. It does not need a ground plane, radials or a complicated matching system. The J-Pole can be cheaply, simply and quickly constructed using a variety of techniques, some of which are discussed in this article.
[ Hits: 28662 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 6.60 ]
- K-FACTOR Table & Chart
- Determine the K-Factor used as a multiplier when constructing half-wave antennas.
[ Hits: 2673 | Votes: 41 | Rating: 3.97 ]
- Large Antenna in a fixed direction?
- If your antenna is fixed in one direction, you will notice that your antenna works perfectly only during fall and spring.
[ Hits: 178 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Les antennes: antenna theory
- A basic antenna theory with final quiz in french
[ Hits: 216 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Link-Coupled Antenna Tuners
- W4RNL tutorial on on inductively coupled (link-coupled) antenna tuners
[ Hits: 2310 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Loading inductors in mobile antennas
- Mobile antennas, loading coil current, and loaded antennas. efficiency and electrical rules.
Loading inductors used in mobile HF antennas.
[ Hits: 3872 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Local QRM reduction
- It is not always possible to tackle the sources of local QRM. What remains is trying to reduce the noise level by means of your antenna system.
Learn how to reduce QRM and understand how cancell noises by PA0SIM
[ Hits: 610 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Log Periodic vs Yagi Antenna
- Article on Yagi and Log periodic antennas by Tom, K1JJ
[ Hits: 217 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Loop Antenna Basics
- Loop Antenna Basics and Regulatory Compliance for Short-Range Radio
[ Hits: 564 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Low Noise Antenna Connection
- Reducing noise to your antenna can gain your aerial performance, learn how.
[ Hits: 7026 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Low reactance multiband center feed wires
- An antenna system is more easily interfaced to a radio when the input reactance at the feedline terminals is low or close to series resonance
[ Hits: 2793 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.80 ]
- Marine corps antenna handbook
- U.S. Marine Corps in PDF format
[ Hits: 3705 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.80 ]
- Matching Waves, VSWR at work
- When the radiation resistance (voltage to current ratio) of an antenna is the same value as the characteristic impedance of the transmission line (voltage to current ratio in the line), all of the electrical energy transmitted down the line is taken by the antenna and radiated into space in the form of a radio wave.
[ Hits: 363 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Maximum Usable Angle
- We are all familiar with Maximum usable frequency. Maximum usable angle is the other half of the maximum usable frequency equation.
[ Hits: 108 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Measuring Antenna System SWR
- Have you measured the SWR at the antenna?
[ Hits: 172 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Measuring Cable Loss
- Improving measurement accuracy when
low-power analyzers are used.
[ Hits: 583 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- Mini-Beam Geometry Basics
- There is a natural progression of the geometry of
the "mini-beams" deriving from the basic yagi, which in itself owes a lot to the common dipole. By Dick Stevens, N1RCT
[ Hits: 372 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- More Information on the EH Antenna
- How EH antennas works and how it has performed.
[ Hits: 2013 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- No Tuner Antenna System
- Article on resonant antennas systems by KA3MRX
[ Hits: 272 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]