Basic antenna theory
Antenna theory, basics,design antenna
- Fiber Glass Rods and Tubes
- Properties of fiber glass rods and tubes
[ Hits: 735 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Five eighths wavelength vertical antenna
- The basics of a five eigths wavelength vertical antenna, a form of RF antenna widely used for mobile radio communications applications
[ Hits: 323 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- From Transmitter to Antenna
- A collection of articles on the subject of impedance, impedance matching and high-frequency power transmission by G3YNH
[ Hits: 1021 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- G0KSC Revolutionary Yagi Antenna Feed System
- New feed system for the Yagi directional beam antenna, that suppress unwanted side lobes within longer Yagi designs by G0KSC
[ Hits: 1298 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.87 ]
- G5RV Measurements
- Measurements and characteristics of a G5RV Antenna, including effect of the transmission line as part of the antenna and contributes in a large way to it's multi band characteristics
[ Hits: 5850 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Ground / Radial Systems
- Guide to ground mounting antennas by Bencher
[ Hits: 948 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Ground Loss and Vertical Antennas
- How manage and quantify ground loss in vertically-polarized antennas by VE3VN
[ Hits: 420 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Ground Problems
- Collection of articles about ground systems
[ Hits: 1135 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Ground systems for DXpeditions
- An article bu N6LF on ground systems for multi-band verticals over saltwater
[ Hits: 137 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Grounding system
- Perhaps one of the most over looked aspects of setting up a listening post is a ground system
[ Hits: 12619 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 4.18 ]
- Groundplane Antennas at Various Heights
- Mounting on Roof or at Ground Level? Why ground plane antenna works better at lower level.
[ Hits: 766 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Harmonic Operation of OCFs - Theory
- Up, Up, and Away or Harmonic Operation of OCFs
[ Hits: 426 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Height versus take off angle
- One of the most important factor for DXers although many are not aware of this.
[ Hits: 375 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF Antenna Coupling Techniques
- Look at some of the various ways in which power can be delivered from a transmitter to a radiating system
[ Hits: 390 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF antenna for high rise dwellers
- If you have ever tried transmitting on HF from a tall block of apartments, where it's just not possible to erect a substantial aerial system, then this article is for you by Mel G4WYW
[ Hits: 4555 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- HF Antennas 101
- Here are 10 tips and truisms that every ham should know about antennas, by W20QI
[ Hits: 585 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF insulation, the pitfalls
- Although insulation may seem relatively insignificant in the larger picture, on it depends the quality of your performance on air and how long you will be communicating for.
[ Hits: 434 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF loops vs Half Loops
- HF loop and half-loop antennas in a few words
[ Hits: 1229 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal Antennas above Real Ground
- Antennas are influenced by the effect of the ground and by the type of conductors from which they are constructed. Effects of various types of grounds on a 1.825 MHz horizontal 0.5 wave dipole
[ Hits: 467 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal Half-wave Dipole above a Counterpoise
- All antennas that are situated close to the ground are affected by that ground to some extent. This article explain effects and benefits of counterpoise.
[ Hits: 1123 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Horizontal vs Vertical Antennas
- CX2UA article on differences of vertical and horizontal antennas in spanish
[ Hits: 368 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- How does antenna height affect VHF communications
- How to calculate range for a VHF antenna with a simple formula and how to increase VHF coverage.
[ Hits: 411 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- How good an antenna is ?
- How good is an antenna?
Four figures describe how good an antenna is compared to the required performance, swr directivity gain and bandwidth
[ Hits: 172 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How important is Low SWR
- What exacly is the meaning of SWR ? Is a Low SWR really important
[ Hits: 732 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- How to Construct a Dipole
- Basic and illustrated article on building wire dipole antennas. This page is about "how to build a dipole antenna"
[ Hits: 10364 | Votes: 19 | Rating: 6.53 ]
- How's Your SWR?
- Chart showing how SWR effects how much power you actually radiate from your antenna.
[ Hits: 882 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Human Body Resonance Frequencies
- Wondering whether human body could be used as an antenna.
[ Hits: 284 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Idiot's guide to antennas
- A very basic guide to antennas concept. Explain the usage of dummy load, basic antennas like dipole o j-poles.
[ Hits: 1216 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1501 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Indoor Random Wire versus Indoor Magnetic Loop
- Comparison of performance between an indoor random wire versus a magnetic loop using psk31
[ Hits: 991 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Inductors used in antenna matching networks
- Article about variometers, helipot inductors, roller inductors, binary switched inductors, Coil and Capstan by G3YNH
[ Hits: 499 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Integrated Publishing Basics
- Radio wave propagation, Principles of transmission lines, Antennas
[ Hits: 896 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
[ Hits: 1685 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- J-Pole theory
- The J-Pole antenna is an omnidirectional antenna that can be used for base, mobile and field day stations. It does not need a ground plane, radials or a complicated matching system. The J-Pole can be cheaply, simply and quickly constructed using a variety of techniques, some of which are discussed in this article.
[ Hits: 29630 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 6.74 ]
- K-FACTOR Table & Chart
- Determine the K-Factor used as a multiplier when constructing half-wave antennas.
[ Hits: 2907 | Votes: 42 | Rating: 4.02 ]
- Large Antenna in a fixed direction?
- If your antenna is fixed in one direction, you will notice that your antenna works perfectly only during fall and spring.
[ Hits: 221 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Les antennes: antenna theory
- A basic antenna theory with final quiz in french
[ Hits: 257 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Link-Coupled Antenna Tuners
- W4RNL tutorial on on inductively coupled (link-coupled) antenna tuners
[ Hits: 2495 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Loading inductors in mobile antennas
- Mobile antennas, loading coil current, and loaded antennas. efficiency and electrical rules.
Loading inductors used in mobile HF antennas.
[ Hits: 4045 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Local QRM reduction
- It is not always possible to tackle the sources of local QRM. What remains is trying to reduce the noise level by means of your antenna system.
Learn how to reduce QRM and understand how cancell noises by PA0SIM
[ Hits: 623 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Log Periodic vs Yagi Antenna
- Article on Yagi and Log periodic antennas by Tom, K1JJ
[ Hits: 337 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Loop Antenna Basics
- Loop Antenna Basics and Regulatory Compliance for Short-Range Radio
[ Hits: 640 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Low Noise Antenna Connection
- Reducing noise to your antenna can gain your aerial performance, learn how.
[ Hits: 7271 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Low reactance multiband center feed wires
- An antenna system is more easily interfaced to a radio when the input reactance at the feedline terminals is low or close to series resonance
[ Hits: 2859 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.80 ]
- Marine corps antenna handbook
- U.S. Marine Corps in PDF format
[ Hits: 4111 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.17 ]
10M12M15M160M17M20M2M30M40M4M6M70cm80MActiveAntenna CalculatorsArrayBalunsBazookaBeverageCobWebbCoilsCollinearDelta loopDipoleEHEnd-FedFan DipoleFeed LinesFour SquareFractalG5RVHaloHandheldsHB9CVHelicalHentennaHexBeamHomebrewing TechniquesHornIndoorInstallationJ-PoleK9AYLindenbladLog PeriodicLongwaveLoopMagnetic LoopMasts and mountsMicrowaveMobileMoxonMultibandNVISOCFPatchPortableQuadQuagiReceivingRepair and MaintenanceResonant Feedline DipoleRhombicSatelliteShortwaveSkeleton SlotSlim JimSloperSlotSpiralStealthT2FDTheory *TowersTrapsTunersVerticalVHF UHFW3DZZW3EDPWiFiWindomWireYagiZS6BKW
Antennas : Theory
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
Recent Links Designing Vertical Aerials Measuring 2.4 GHz Helix Antennas Electrically Small Antennas 2016 Using a Directional Wattmeter to measure VSWR Why does ice on a wire dipole affect the SWR?
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links