Antenna theory, basics,design antenna
- The Crossed-Field Antenna
- Please be aware this article introduces a completely new concept in antenna theory. In fact, this is considered the most important development relative to antennas in this century. It is so pervasive that a series of articles are required to cover the concept and its applications to the depth and extent it deserves. This is the first publication about the Crossed-Field Antenna
[ Hits: 1437 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- The decibel
- dB the measure of performance explained at radioworks.com
[ Hits: 288 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The DK7ZB-Match for Yagis
- Simple, easy to built match developed in 1995 for Yagis with resistitive loads of 12.5, 18 and 28 Ohm.
[ Hits: 3384 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.38 ]
- The Ferrite Rod Antenna
- Theory of the ferrite rod antenna
[ Hits: 716 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- The humble Yagi or should that be Uda
- Article about Yagi-UDA antennas
[ Hits: 176 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- The Impact of Current Distribution on Array Patterns
- Technical Correspondence, QST, July 1990 - Why even "perfect" phased array element currents don't produce perfect patterns.
[ Hits: 428 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- The mark 2 Crossfield Antenna
- The mark 2 Crossfield Antenna was described in Sprat 76 by Alec, GD3HQR
[ Hits: 535 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The mystery of radials
- Effect of radials on the efficiency of antennas.
[ Hits: 201 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The Petlowany Principle
- Spipral antenna principle by a concept of Bill Petlowany, K6NO. Tak Antennas are based on this principle, using spirals as dipole linear wires.
[ Hits: 671 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- The Quarter Wave Sloper or the Inverted-V Dipole
- A question that seems to be asked nearly everyday is, which is best, the quarter
wave sloper or the inverted-V dipole? PDF File by AD communications.
[ Hits: 4588 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- The Smith Chart
- Understanding smith charts, an introduction to smith charts and it's advantages.
[ Hits: 230 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- To Trap or Not to Trap
- An interesting article on traps, pros and cons of trapping by W4RNL
[ Hits: 3830 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- Trap antennas, coaxial trap, coax dipole antenna loss resistance
- Testing and comparison of traps and trap antennas
[ Hits: 2974 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- Tuning Your Antenna
- Getting the best performance from your investment
[ Hits: 1045 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Types of multiband antennas
- Types of multi-band antennas for the HF bands, from the horizontal end fed wire, to g5rv, log periodics, trap dipoles, vee beams and rhombic antennas.
[ Hits: 9853 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 6.18 ]
- UK Antenna Planning Permission
- A UK Only post on permissions needed for antenna planning by MW1CFN
[ Hits: 261 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Understanding Antennas For The Non-Technical Ham
- A Book By Jim Abercrombie, N4JA.
Reason for writing this book is to educate you so you can make an informed choice concerning the
best antenna for you. Another reason is to dispel the many antenna myths that circulate in the amateur
[ Hits: 858 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Understanding Radiation Patterns
- Understanding and using antenna radiation patterns
[ Hits: 379 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Understanding Standing Wave Ratios SWR
- We worry a lot about Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) in amateur radio since SWR is one indication of how well our antenna system is working. Most HF transceivers and antenna tuners have built in SWR meters. SWR is a measure of a transceiverís output power verses the portion of that power reflected by the antenna system By Ken Larson KJ6RZ
[ Hits: 8090 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- Understanding SWR by Example
- Take the mystery and mystique out of standing wave ratio. QST Article by K5DVW
[ Hits: 1325 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.57 ]
- Using Delta Matching on HF Beams
- Using delta match with HF antennas design
[ Hits: 5301 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.50 ]
- Using MMANA-GAL for antenna modelling
- G0KYA MMANA-GAL presentation and samples
[ Hits: 336 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.80 ]
- Vertical amtennas among the trees
- Experiments on vertical antennas among the trees by ik2egl
[ Hits: 648 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Vertical and Above
- Using vertical on six meters band and above, by Peter Schleuss, HB9RUZ
[ Hits: 241 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Vertical plane antennas' beaming comparision
- Animated quad and yagi comparison. You can see antennas' characteristics behavior in a vertical plane with changing of the height.
[ Hits: 2986 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 4.10 ]
- Vertical stacking of HF antennas
- Benefits of stacking two HF antennas vertically
[ Hits: 244 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Vertical vs Horizontal antenna separation
- Isolation vs antenna separation an interesting article by WA6ILQ
[ Hits: 859 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 4.85 ]
- Verticals. Ground systems and some history
- Article gives a good overview of the basics and reflects the accepted wisdom from BC antenna work.
[ Hits: 1227 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- VHF antennas, construction and use
- Article by VU2GT about VHF antennas, how to evaluate performances and models.
[ Hits: 754 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- VHF/UHF Antenna mounting
- Mounting antenna close each other. Distance calculations and tips on setting up antennas by KB9VBR
[ Hits: 517 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- VLF-LF and the Loop Aerial
- The article discusses the theory of loop aerials for receiving and how they reduce the level of local noise by Lloyd Butler VK5BR
[ Hits: 1211 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- VSWR Explained
- An interesting article on Voltage Standing Wave Ratio vs Current Standing Wave Ratio by EPARA
[ Hits: 1750 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- VSWR Reactive Power
- Many antennas and antenna designers neglect the true cause of loss. The major problem using short antennas is the reactance, not the length
[ Hits: 141 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- W1GHZ Microwave Antenna Book
- The W1GHZ Online Microwave Antenna Book online
[ Hits: 8921 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Which Aerial ?
- Article prepared by the Medway Amateur Receiving and Transmitting Society and details their testing of various wire antennas.
[ Hits: 164 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Why a Beam Antenna
- Some basic antenna information for the newcomer
[ Hits: 769 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Why an Antenna Radiates
- How antenna works by ARRL
[ Hits: 13995 | Votes: 40 | Rating: 6.53 ]
- Why Are Antennas Built to Look Like They Do?
- Basic anctenna theory, general information on antennas
[ Hits: 292 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Why is 50 ohm coax so special
- Why is 50 ohm Coaxial Line so Special Anyway?
[ Hits: 726 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Why Radials ?
- Butternut article on radials usage on vertical and ground plane antennas
[ Hits: 575 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Why Vertical Antennas?
- K2KW notes on verticals antennas
[ Hits: 219 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Windom over a House Roof
- Experimenting OCF and dipole wire antennas over house roof. Effects of roofs on wire antennas
[ Hits: 315 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Yagi antenna Q Factor
- How you can calculate antenna Q factor for use in antenna quality evaluation instead of use of VSWR bandwidth.
[ Hits: 248 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Yagi-Uda antennas
- Yagi antenna theory article by D.Jefferies
[ Hits: 90 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Antennas : Theory
10M12M15M160M17M20M2M30M40M4M6M70cm80MActiveAntenna CalculatorsArrayBalunsBazookaBeverageCobWebbCoilsCollinearDelta loopDipoleEHEnd-FedFan DipoleFeed LinesFractalG5RVHaloHandheldsHB9CVHelicalHentennaHexBeamHomebrewing TechniquesHornIndoorJ-PoleK9AYLog PeriodicLongwaveLoopMagnetic LoopMasts and mountsMobileMoxonMultibandNVISOCFPatchPortableQuadQuagiReceivingRepair and MaintenanceResonant Feedline DipoleRhombicSatelliteShortwaveSkeleton SlotSlim JimSloperSlotSpiralStealthT2FDTheory *TowersTrapsTunersVerticalVHF UHFW3DZZW3EDPWiFiWindomWireYagiZS6BKW
Recent Links Effect of size and height on flag RX Antennas Yagi-Uda antennas Ground systems for DXpeditions Detuning a Tower from a vertical antenna RF Measurement on W3EDP antenna
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links