Beginner's guide to shortwave radio listening. Starting pages for SWL and BCL
(Featuring 24 resources)
- Grounding is key to good reception
- Guidelines to groundings.
[ Hits: 45588 | Votes: 16 | Rating: 7.32 ]
- ADDX programs schedule
- List of transmissions compiled and updated by Andreas Volk, you can choose the language among a large choice. Website is in german.
[ Hits: 5696 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.43 ]
- Advice to Shortwave Newbies
- Advices for newcomers on shortwave listening by Daniel A. Grunberg
[ Hits: 14419 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 5.01 ]
- AM Radio DXing
- What the heck is DXing? When is the best time to listen? What stations are easiest to hear?
[ Hits: 5867 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- An Introduction to Shortwave Listening
- MW SWL DXing, a beginner's guide
[ Hits: 3160 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Antennas for MF and LF
- Long Waves, Short Antennas, designing antennas for MF and LF communications
[ Hits: 1707 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Broadcast schedules
- Current broadcasting schedule by languages
[ Hits: 3574 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Buying a shortwave receiver
- This article will provide an overview of the different types of receiver available and the associated proís and conís.
[ Hits: 1328 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Getting Started in SW Listening
- Excellent and exaustive guide to shortwave listening offered by monitoringtimes, includes operating guides, technical suggestions, buying guieds, antennas implementations and more, all what is needed by shortwave listening beginners.
[ Hits: 4200 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 7.36 ]
- Guide to SWL and BCL
- Introduction to mediumwave and shortwave DXing
[ Hits: 5959 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.80 ]
- Guide to the SW Spectrum
- Quick guide to the shortwave spectrum
[ Hits: 2657 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Hear amateurs on your shortwave radio
- Allow the reception of amateur signals on domestic AM-only short wave receivers article and project by VK3YE
[ Hits: 221 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- How to Receive SSB Broadcasts With an AM Only Receiver
- Iyou want to learn a little about how SSB works, or you absolutely cannot afford a more sophisticated shortwave receiver, try the following
[ Hits: 1874 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.40 ]
- International SWL Registry
- Obtain a unique SWL Designator to use on your signal reports and QSL cards. Official certificates also issued.
[ Hits: 332 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- OH2FFY Ham radio and shortwave listening
- QRP Homebrew Ham Operator and constructor in Finland. Also works on the CB2HAM radio conversions and is into shortwave listening
[ Hits: 611 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- Selecting your shortwave radio
- Shortwave radio reviews ar swling.com
[ Hits: 1104 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Shortwave Frequency List and Links
- Shortwave frequency list and swl links
[ Hits: 765 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- The Shortwave Broadcast Bands
- For convenience, the shortwave part of the radio-frequency spectrum is subdivided into bands. Each band has its own unique propagation characteristics
[ Hits: 4123 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.15 ]
- The SWDXer
- SWDXer is the one stop resource for shortwave radio information.
Articles include antennas and simple electronics construction.
[ Hits: 759 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Tips for shortwave radio beginners
- Get the most out of the shortwave listening hobby. Follow these steps to get started with your new radio.
[ Hits: 3241 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.20 ]
- What can I hear on shortwave radio
- Most people, when they think of "shortwave," think of shortwave broadcasting. There are lots of other services using the shortwaves, although not as many as there used to be.
[ Hits: 2106 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- What is a QSL Card
- The term QSL explained by Radio Netherland
[ Hits: 1307 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Writing reception reports
- A guide on writing reports to broadcasting stations and obtaining QSL cards
[ Hits: 1030 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Writing useful reception reports
- Useful guidelines and suggestions on writing reception reports
[ Hits: 1345 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]