Home : Shortwave Radio : Beginner's guides
- Grounding is key to good reception - Guidelines to groundings.
- Advice to Shortwave Newbies - Advices for newcomers on shortwave listening by Daniel A. Grunberg
- Guide to SWL and BCL - Introduction to mediumwave and shortwave DXing
- AM Radio DXing - What the heck is DXing? When is the best time to listen? What stations are easiest to hear?
- ADDX programs schedule - List of transmissions compiled and updated by Andreas Volk, you can choose the language among a large choice. Website is in german.
Beginner's guide to shortwave radio listening. Starting pages for SWL and BCL
- ADDX programs schedule
- List of transmissions compiled and updated by Andreas Volk, you can choose the language among a large choice. Website is in german.
[ Hits: 5935 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.43 ]
- Advice to Shortwave Newbies
- Advices for newcomers on shortwave listening by Daniel A. Grunberg
[ Hits: 14774 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 5.01 ]
- AM Radio DXing
- What the heck is DXing? When is the best time to listen? What stations are easiest to hear?
[ Hits: 6012 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- An Introduction to Shortwave Listening
- MW SWL DXing, a beginner's guide
[ Hits: 3179 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Antennas for MF and LF
- Long Waves, Short Antennas, designing antennas for MF and LF communications
[ Hits: 1862 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Broadcast schedules
- Current broadcasting schedule by languages
[ Hits: 3669 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Buying a shortwave receiver
- This article will provide an overview of the different types of receiver available and the associated proís and conís.
[ Hits: 1503 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Getting Started in SW Listening
- Excellent and exaustive guide to shortwave listening offered by monitoringtimes, includes operating guides, technical suggestions, buying guieds, antennas implementations and more, all what is needed by shortwave listening beginners.
[ Hits: 4396 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 7.36 ]
- Grounding is key to good reception
- Guidelines to groundings.
[ Hits: 46709 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 7.12 ]
- Guide to SWL and BCL
- Introduction to mediumwave and shortwave DXing
[ Hits: 6013 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Guide to the SW Spectrum
- Quick guide to the shortwave spectrum
[ Hits: 2760 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Hear amateurs on your shortwave radio
- Allow the reception of amateur signals on domestic AM-only short wave receivers article and project by VK3YE
[ Hits: 348 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- How to Receive SSB Broadcasts With an AM Only Receiver
- Iyou want to learn a little about how SSB works, or you absolutely cannot afford a more sophisticated shortwave receiver, try the following
[ Hits: 1998 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.40 ]
- International SWL Registry
- Obtain a unique SWL Designator to use on your signal reports and QSL cards. Official certificates also issued.
[ Hits: 379 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- OH2FFY Ham radio and shortwave listening
- QRP Homebrew Ham Operator and constructor in Finland. Also works on the CB2HAM radio conversions and is into shortwave listening
[ Hits: 684 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- Selecting your shortwave radio
- Shortwave radio reviews ar swling.com
[ Hits: 1559 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- Shortwave Frequency List and Links
- Shortwave frequency list and swl links
[ Hits: 912 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- The Shortwave Broadcast Bands
- For convenience, the shortwave part of the radio-frequency spectrum is subdivided into bands. Each band has its own unique propagation characteristics
[ Hits: 4237 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.15 ]
- The SWDXer
- SWDXer is the one stop resource for shortwave radio information.
Articles include antennas and simple electronics construction.
[ Hits: 833 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Tips for shortwave radio beginners
- Get the most out of the shortwave listening hobby. Follow these steps to get started with your new radio.
[ Hits: 3414 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.20 ]
- What can I hear on shortwave radio
- Most people, when they think of "shortwave," think of shortwave broadcasting. There are lots of other services using the shortwaves, although not as many as there used to be.
[ Hits: 2184 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- What is a QSL Card
- The term QSL explained by Radio Netherland
[ Hits: 1334 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Why AM Listening is Better at Night
- A nice article expleraing why during the sunset it's possible to listen to long distance radio broadcasting stations.
[ Hits: 130 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Writing reception reports
- A guide on writing reports to broadcasting stations and obtaining QSL cards
[ Hits: 1075 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Writing useful reception reports
- Useful guidelines and suggestions on writing reception reports
[ Hits: 1389 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
Shortwave Radio : Beginner's guides
Shortwave Radio :
BCL ResourcesBeginner's guides *BroadcastersClubsNumbers stationsPress ServicesSchedulesSWL DX NewslettersSWL Resources
Recent Links Why AM Listening is Better at Night Hear amateurs on your shortwave radio Shortwave Frequency List and Links Selecting your shortwave radio International SWL Registry
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links