Radio Tools and Utilities
Radio Tools and Utilities for amateur radio operators
- Ham Radio Control Libraries - HamLib
- Hamlib is a library aid for software developers wishing to incorporate control of amateur radio hardware into their programs. Hamlib will allow ham radio software authors to concentrate on the user interface and the basic function of the program rather than radio control.
[ Hits: 697 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Ham Radio Fonts - Slash Zero and Morse
- Ham Radio fonts that have the slash zero also morse code fonts
[ Hits: 112 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Add-in module to Microsoft Excel, contains a set of radio amateur relevant special functions:
DistSphericLocator(Loc1; Loc2) Calculates the spheric earth model distance between two locators [km] DirSphericLocator(Loc1; Loc2) Calculates the spheric earth model direction from Loc1 to Loc2
[ Hits: 2017 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.67 ]
- HamCalc v1.3
- HamCalc is a free collection of calculators for radio amateurs include Antenna ERP calculations,
Attenuators, Audio Filter design, Coil Winding,
Decibels, Great Circles map and calculator, HF Filters, HF Traps, Metric conversions OP Amps
QRA Locator to Latitude/Longitude, Radio Horizon calculator, Resonance Satellite orbit calculator Timer calculations (555 timer)Zener Diode calculations Download zip By G4VWL
[ Hits: 24402 | Votes: 87 | Rating: 5.26 ]
- HAMIC - The Ham Intelligent Calculator
- HAMIC, is a program designed to simplify a number of calculations commonly used by HAMs. It is designed for the HAM radio hobbyist, but may be useful to others as well. HAMIC has a simple to use, but powerful graphical interface that allows solving simple circuits such as resistors in series or parallel, or more complex circuits such as L networks or T networks. As well, other calculations such as SWR and reactance conversions are supported. Windows shareware.
[ Hits: 1616 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Announce your callsign at least once every ten minutes. HamTime runs in the corner of the screen and gives you an audible alarm when that announcement is due.
[ Hits: 1250 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- A graphics-intensive bandpass filter program based on the helical resonator.
[ Hits: 1652 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- HERALD P2P radio link design
- Sw tool to design point-to-point multi-hop microwave links and networks, 400MHz to 58 GHz. Site/Hop Configuration; Customized Antenna & Radio Equipment Libraries; Link Budget; Path Profile Analysis ,clearance, reflections; import path profiles from SRTM maps, free download.
[ Hits: 444 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.80 ]
- HRDLabel is a software for printing labels, QSL and envelope using the Ham Radio Deluxe logbook database.
[ Hits: 2652 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- This is a very simple program which helps visually handicapped people to see the frequency and mode of the rig. Or maybe it's useful for demos, trade shows or similiar. It will work with any Icom except the IC-735.
[ Hits: 1032 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- I/O Blocks Toolkit
- It is a swiss army knife to manipulate electronic devices, from simple transistor switches to digital interfaces, such as I2C or SPI. It turns popular evaluation board - Arduino - into GUI-controlled instrumentation device.
[ Hits: 213 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- IC-Prog Prototype Programmer
- PIC Programmer software package that allows you to program all types of serial programmable Integrated Circuits using Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP
[ Hits: 1053 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- ID Wizard
- ID Wizard is an ID timer with system clock setting and miscellaneous tools. Tools includes Notes, a full-featured “text” editor, Calculator,
Calendar for sun/moon times, Time Zone Browser
Conversion Utility Area, Distance, Mass, Power, Temperature, Time and Volume, Trace Route, Ping and WhoIs
[ Hits: 1114 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- IPSound is a Free application for audio exchange client to client over a TCP/IPv4 network (Lan or Internet). The main purpose for the existence of IP Sound is to provide low quality audio 8-16kHz, with low latency for use together with remote control software for "ham" radio amateur equipment. IP-Sound is developed by SM5VXC.
[ Hits: 32609 | Votes: 181 | Rating: 6.82 ]
- iPhone Ham Radio Callsign Lookup
- This webapp provides an iPhone-compatible lookup of Amateur Radio Callsigns. It provides the name, address, and license class (from the FCCâ€™s public records) of any US-Licensed Amateur Radio Operator.
[ Hits: 2065 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.20 ]
- JQAM (QAM modem)
- Transmit audio/video, UDP packets, http, rs232, with QAM using the soundcard rates up to 100kb/s.
[ Hits: 1639 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 4.71 ]
- K3 Meter
- Analog S-Meter for the Elecraft K3 for Windows and MacOSX
[ Hits: 731 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- KM5KG network designer
- Windows98 Program for RF Design
[ Hits: 1920 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.25 ]
- This is a handy windows locator program from OH3NJC Ilkka, includes C source codes and formulas
[ Hits: 1857 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 3.67 ]
- Master.dta Editor
- Freeware windows program by WE3NEA that allow to view and edit the Master Callsign Database file used in many contesting programs, import and export callsigns, auto-download announced DX operations.
[ Hits: 1936 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 2.25 ]
- Meteor and Colorgramme
- FREE specialized software in the detection and registration of echoes radio products by meteors shower, falling star, at the time of their gone in atmospheric. They are destined to all possessors of a radio and a computer, interested parties by this simple technique of radioastronomy.
[ Hits: 1338 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- This meter scale drawing program is designed to have a computer do the hard work in making a precision scale for a d'Arsonval analog meter. The resulting scales will typically be nicer-looking than those found on many commercial meters.
[ Hits: 4035 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- SWR Graphing Software for Amateur Radio by KD4UDY, shareware
[ Hits: 1127 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- miLog Reporter
- Reporting program that help you keep track of contacts and take care of the routing activity of creating reports and QSL cards. Require miLog logging program
[ Hits: 773 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- MiniErrorCorrection Program
- This simple program was written as a possible utility for those attempting to communicate using digital modes via paths that are intermittent and tenuous such as Aircraft Scatter at VHF and Low Earth Orbiting Satellites by G3PPT.
[ Hits: 381 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- This package contains a sample code for the MMTTY custom TNC emulation. It is supposed to run on the same PC or on the remote PC, and offers the functions of the TNC emulation.
[ Hits: 423 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- NDBfinder allows you to use your PC and soundcard to receive, detect, identify and log NDBs (Non Directional Beacons used for maritime and aeronautical navigation)
[ Hits: 1804 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- A COM component for transceiver/receiver CAT control. Not a complete program, but rather a component tool that allow software developers to connect their program to a supported transceiver.
[ Hits: 2336 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Online Callbook for Internet Explorer
- The Online Callbook for Internet Explorer makes it easy to find QSL information from the most popular HAM-radio web sites, such as
QRZ.COM, ARRL.ORG, RAC.CA, QRZ.RU, BUCK.COM and OCTAVIA.COM,
[ Hits: 1029 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- PalmVE is a program for Palm based handheld computers that is built to aid as a virtual volunteer examiner for amateur radio written tests
[ Hits: 321 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Panel and Dial
- Freeware windows and linux tools to design front panels and dials labels for your home-brew projects.
[ Hits: 2351 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 2.54 ]
- A free application that searches more than 100 web-accessible sources to locate QSL information for a callsign that you enter once
[ Hits: 2330 | Votes: 674 | Rating: 7.84 ]
- Pathloss Calculation and EME
- Java free space pathloss calculation and EME
[ Hits: 2304 | Votes: 46 | Rating: 4.99 ]
- 2nd Order phase locked loop design for passive and active circuits. Bode plot, step response, design parameters
[ Hits: 1433 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5.33 ]
- A Free Prefix, DXCC and Locator program
[ Hits: 878 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- QSL Maker
- Freeware Windows QSL card printer software. This tool will let you create you own QSL cards importing pictures and customizing colors and other cards aspects. Print directly to your ink-ject or laser printer. Runs on windows systems by wb8rcr
[ Hits: 26738 | Votes: 29 | Rating: 6.53 ]
- QSO Clock
- little program for those that can never find a pencil when we hear the DX station calling CQ on the frequency on which we're tuned up.
[ Hits: 870 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- QSO Relay
- QSO Relay is a Windows desktop application that listens for contacts being forwarded from WSJT-X/JT65-HF and JTAlertX and write to Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook v6.x database
[ Hits: 91 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- QTF Calculator for 10 GHz Beacons
- 10 GHz Beacon Database in excel format that Calculates the QTF from any locator to any beacon
[ Hits: 445 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- QTH locator calculating functions in Python
- Python functions for converting decimal coordinates to QTH locator and backwards.
[ Hits: 174 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Radio Works
- RadioWORKS is a tool for calculating various items related to radio waves and radio wave propagation. Get detailed information about a frequency, such as the free-space wavelength, band classification, propagation methods, common transmitter configurations, etc. Calculate antenna lengths or frequencies. View a 3D coverage map by providing a latitude / longitude coordinate and transmitter height.
[ Hits: 2607 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- This graphics-intensive program reveals the load on the output of a matching-network, based on measurements of the components in that network. Adjust the network (tuner) for a flat input, measure or look up the network component values and you will immmediately see the R and jX values of the load on the network, presented as both a schematic with the component values and as a Smith Chart normalized to the specified system impedance.
[ Hits: 559 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- RoMac Automatic CW Identifier
- RoMac Automatic CW Identifier 2012 and Tuning Pulser for windows, sends your callsign at programmed intervals, to ensure your stations compliance with FCC regulations. No more forgetting to ID. Commercial version, demo available.
[ Hits: 412 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- S Meter Lite Software
- S Meter Lite is a no-cost program that displays your receiver's S Meter signal strength in a window by W8WWV
[ Hits: 6414 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 2.33 ]
- Lets you listen to your scanner across your own network, or via the internet.
Shoutcast/ICEcast compatible broadcasting for Uniden and GRE scanners.
Broadcast your audio from your PC.
[ Hits: 2275 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 3.00 ]
ACARSADS-BAndroidAntenna analysisAntenna rotor controlAPRSAudio RecordersAudio StreamingAwards trackingBeacon MonitoringBrowser extensionsCircuit DesignClip ArtCollectionsContestingD-STARDatabasesDecodersDigital SSTVDigital VoiceDRMDSPDX ClusterEMEFilter DesignFront Panel DesignGrid Bearing and MapsHam ExamHellschreiberInternet LinkingiPhoneJT65LinuxLog AnalysisLog ConvertersLoggingLow FrequencyMacintoshMorse Code DecodersMorse Code TrainingMultimodeNavtexNBEMSOliviaOscilloscopePacketPacket ClusterPalmOSPIC ProgramerPocket PCPropagationPSK31QSLRadio ControlRadio ProgrammingRepeater ControlRF Coverage MappingRTTYSatellite trackingShortwaveSignal GeneratorSoftware Defined RadioSpectrum analyzersSSTVTimeUtilities *Vector Network AnalyzerVirtual Audio SoftwareVoice KeyerVoice toolsWeak SignalWeather and FAX
Software : Utilities
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
Recent Links QSO Relay Ham Call Lookup - Windows Phone QTH locator calculating functions in Python Ham Radio Fonts - Slash Zero and Morse I/O Blocks Toolkit
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links