40 Meter Bowtie Antenna
- A bowtie antenna is a type of antenna that reputedly provides higher gain at lower radiation angles than a center-fed dipole antenna at heights considerably less than 1/2wavelength above ground.
50MHz J-Pole Antennapop
- Need a general purpose antenna on the magic band? The J-Pole is an easy-to-build and inexpensive device that provides an omni-directional vertically polarised antenna without the need for a ground plane. In technical terms, it is an end fed vertical 1/2wave which is fed via a 1/4 wave matching stub.
How to make a Simple Dipole Antenna
- It is very easy to create a simple 1/2wave dipole, all you need is some lengths of wire such as the core of some mains flex or even a straightened out metal coat hanger, some co-ax cable and a connector for your scanners antenna input
Super J-Pole plans
- The super J-pole is a regular J-pole antenna with a 1/2wave element mounted above with a 1/2wave phasing harness connecting the element to the bottom part of the J-pole. The antenna can be built for any band, but I built mine for 2 meters
[ Hits: 8791 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 7.77 ]
2 meter 1/2-wave J-Pole
- Great first time J-pole project. Covers most of the basics. This small and thin design also makes it good for several stealth applications.
BiQuad Antenna for 144/440
- This is a vertically polarized Broadside and Collinear Array each Loop is a vertically polarized Broadside Array both the right and the left side of the Loop is a bent 1/2wave dipole working 180 degrees out of phase with the other one and that gives you 4.15dbi of gain by KE4UYP
- In order to resonate at a particular frequency, an antenna needs to be at least one half wave length long. Antennas below a 1/2wave are dependent on a ground system for resonance as well.
Ni4L ANTENNAS & ELECTRONICS
- Ham radio antennas and electronics, specialized in 1/2wave dipole, OCF dipole, windom, full wave loop, end fed, inverted L, portable end fed antenna, long wire, SWL antenna, fan dipole, multiband dipole, G5RV and military antennas.
- This article refers mainly to the old Cushcraft 1/4 wavelength AV series of antennas (12AVQ, 14AVQ etc) hence the references to radials. The R series (R5, R7 etc) are 1/2wavelength antennas, and the radials are NOT 1/4 wavelength resonant.
[ Hits: 2266 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Not satisfied ? Lookup Google Custom Search Engine for 1/2 wave