An 80-160 magnetic loop antenna
- A classic diamond shape loop antenna that works fine on 80 and 160 meters band. This loop design allow a few watts power only and include part list and construction details.
T2FD, The Forgotten Antenna
- The terminated. tilted, folded dipole T2FD is a little known antenna that performs excellently. Compact in size compared to a half-wave dipole the T2FD provides signal gain, wide frequency coverage, and exceptionally low noise characteristics.
[ Hits: 4418 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.33 ]
How to make a Simple Dipole Antenna
- It is very easy to create a simple 1/2 wave dipole, all you need is some lengths of wire such as the core of some mains flex or even a straightened out metal coat hanger, some co-ax cable and a connector for your scanners antenna input
Loop Antennas and Calculator
- The purpose of the calculator is to give you a quick overview of the feasibility of "squeezing" a loop into your available yard or apartment space. The calculator yields a reasonable approximation of dimensions, to within 5% over the amateur bands, using typical wire gauges ranging from 12-18 AWG.
[ Hits: 8303 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 4.65 ]
KR1ST Magnetic Loop Antenna
- This receive only loop covers a frequency range of about 5 MHz to 22MHz and is built from readily available parts.