- These yagis and groups were designed with YO7.23 from K6STI and checked with EZNEC from W7EL. With a gain of 14/17/20dBd they have a good relation between gain and mechanical problems.
A two dollar helical hf portable antennapop
- Here’s an easily transportable vertical antenna for 20meters collapsible to 4 feet that costs about $2.00 to make.
This was created as a fun project to demonstrate how to enjoy operating HF in the field with a home-made portable antenna without spending a ton of money.
Bev AH6NF (YL) made this antenna, tuned and ready to operate in less than one hour
Utica Shelby Emergency Communications Association
- USECA will be holding their 21st Annual Ham Swap. The time and date will be October 29th, 2006 between 8 AM and 1PM. It will be at
the Polish-American Century Club located at 33204 Maple Lane Dr. in Sterling
Really Low Frequency Operating
- The world below 500 kHz (The wavelength is 1500 meters or just about a mile) has a number of interesting listening and communications opportunities with possibly more to come.
A low power 3.5MHz ARDF transmitter
- This low power transmitter is developed for ARDF exercising purposes but of course can be used as super QRP transmitter either. With 1 or 2 meter wire as antenna and a ARDF receiver with ferrite-rod antenna the range is about 100m but with better antennas and a 'real' receiver the range is probably much larger.
- N4ATS - Devoted to the Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier. I have been rebuilding, repairing, and applying modifications to the Yaesu FL-7000 amplifier for 15 years. Over 200 units completed and counting!