- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
Antenna Gain to ERP
- A radio's transmitting power can be concentrated along the horizon by use of a GAIN antenna. Although you may still be transmitting with four watts of power, your effective radiated powerwill be greatly increased. This table shows the effects of antenna gain on a transmitter with 4 watts of transmit power.
VA3GRR - Radio Beacon
- VA3GRR is a radio beacon, operating on the 10 meter amateur band. Its frequency is 28.205.5 MHz. It runs just under 5 watts of power into a vertical half-wave ringo style antenna
- High Frequency Expermental Beacon "WV". The Beacon operates on the frequency of 13.55567mhz. This Beacon is very low power. It operates under Part 15 of the FCC Rules and Regulations. It transmits with only 1.5 milliwatts of power
Alliance Test Equipment
- Alliance Test buys and sells used network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, function generators, mulitmeters, probes, optical power meters, calibrators, attenuators, testers, and more from Tektronix, Fluke, Rhode & Schwarz, Advantest, LeCroy, Fujikura, California Instruments, NetTest, Keithley, Actrena / TCC, Instek
Diplexer 2m 70cm
- This DIPLEXER separates 2m from 70cm on the same coax cable, and allows to use 2 antennas over the same cable and permits transmission on one band
and simultaneous receiption on the other band by hb9abx
Tools and Links for RF Power Amplifier Builders
- This document lists a few tools, documents and websites which are valuable in the design and construction of amateur RF power amplifiers. The list is small but it represents a good starting point for the amateur amplifier builder.