- The HB9CV-Beam is a 2-Element-Yagi with two driven elements and was introduced by Rudolf Baumgartner, HB9CV in the 1950ies. The Beam is a coax-feeded version of the ZL-Special
Construction by DK7ZB for 2m, 6m and 10m
ZR6KMD 2M Beam Antenna
- This design was adapted from an article in the ARRL Handbook and built with simplicity and
duplicity in mind. This antenna is a vast improvement over a standard dipole with a forward gain of around 8db with a front to back ratio of 10db.
VP2M DXpedition to Montserrat
- Seven operators from six US States will travel to the small island of Montserrat in late January of 2007 to activate that island in a most unique way. Instead of big antennas, and tons of equipment, this DXpedition will instead focus on lightweight gear and portable operations.
HA1YA Mechanics & Electronics Inc.
- Specializes in manufacture of middle and high power RF decks and high quality linear amplifiers with metall ceramic tubes for HF, 6m, 2m and 70 cm bands. Transverters, power supplies and control units
Discovery Power Amplifiers
- The Discovery series of amplifiers are designed and built in the UK by Linear Amp UK Ltd, one of the world’s leading amplifier manufacturers, specializing in high power RF tube amplifiers.
The amplifiers use large GS31 or GS35 ceramic triode tubes. Band coverage 6m, 2m and 70 cms
Today's Space Weather - SEC
- Another interesting reports page with plots and graphs of solar flux.
Interesting resources provided here includes, Solar images, a text 3 day solar geophysical forecast, a 3-days Solar X-Ray flux plot updated evety 5 minutes, The Satellite Environment Plot, combines satellite and ground-based data
UISS Windows Packet Program
- This program has been designed for packet communication with ISS (International Space Station), PCSat or 'compatible' satellites with ease... Ideal for any UI packet communication.
- WinTick is a utility program aiming at synchronizing the PC clock to Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). It was originally developed for accurate satellite tracking, running on the taskbar while a NASA-compliant tracking program (SGP4 or SDP4) is running in the foreground.
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.