DL7DF and Crew - DXpeditions
- DXpeditioning since 1993, February/March 2006 - Saint Martin & St. Maarten FS and PJ7, October 2005 - South Africa ZS1/DL7DF, April 2005 - Ghana 9G5SP, Feb/Mar 2005 - British Virgin Islands VP2V/DL7DF, October 2004 - Cameroon TJ3SP, February 2004 - Kenia 5Z4HW , October 2003 - Myanmar XZ7A, March/April 2003 - Tobago 9Y4/DL7DF, Oct/Nov 2002 - Guinea 3XY7C
- The SoftRock-40 is a small, low-cost, good-performing "software defined radio" receiver that plugs into a computer USB port and delivers I-Q audio signals to the computer's sound card. It was designed by Tony Parks, KB9YIG and Bill Tracey, KD5TFD as an "SDR sampler project" for hams everywhere to easily try out software defined radio.
- Telewave's innovative engineering produces the industry's toughest antenna systems. Yagi, Fiberglass Collinear, and Dipole models are available from 66-2500 MHz. Wattmeters, test equipment,rf power meters, duplexers, filters and cavities, transmitters combiners
Frequency Calibration for Weak Signal Work
- Accurate calibration of your receiver and sound card is necessary for good results with the weak signal modes in use at LF. Modern receivers with master oscillators that are synthesized to provide all conversion frequencies greatly simplify the process. This article describes a method of making the necessary measurements and adjustments to an ICOM R75 receiver and a sound card, using the ARGO software
A low power 3.5MHz ARDF transmitter
- This low power transmitter is developed for ARDF exercising purposes but of course can be used as super QRP transmitter either. With 1 or 2 meter wire as antenna and a ARDF receiver with ferrite-rod antenna the range is about 100m but with better antennas and a 'real' receiver the range is probably much larger.
Shortwave Log (SWLog)
- Shortwave Log, SWLog is a comprehensive logging and radio control program. While designed for shortwave and mediumwave listening, the program is quite adept when listening to longwave, utility, or amateur radio. Support Icom Drake TenTec Yaesu JRC and lowe receivers.
RF Coaxial Connectors
- RF coax(ial) connectors are a vital link in the radio spectrum. Coax connectors are often used to interface two units such as the antenna to a transmission line, a receiver or a transmitter. The proper choice of a coax connector will facilitate this interface.
A 80/40m Direct Conversion HF Receiver with DDS VFO
- Juha (OH2NLT) and Matti (OH7SV) have designed JUMA-RX1, an award winning 80/40m direct conversion HF receiver with highly accurate direct digital synthesis VFO. The receiver is very compact, because it constructed using surface mount components. No coils need to be wound to construct this receiver!