A Lowband Antenna that is Almost Freepop
- The Shunt-fed Tower, an effective Low Band Antenna, uses your beam as a capacitive top-hat and only needs a simple feed network and a good ground system to work DX on 80M and 160M.
- These yagis and groups were designed with YO7.23 from K6STI and checked with EZNEC from W7EL. With a gain of 14/17/20dBd they have a good relation between gain and mechanical problems.
A two dollar helical hf portable antennapop
- Here’s an easily transportable vertical antenna for 20 meters collapsible to 4 feet that costs about $2.00 to make.
This was created as a fun project to demonstrate how to enjoy operating HF in the field with a home-made portable antenna without spending a ton of money.
Bev AH6NF (YL) made this antenna, tuned and ready to operate in less than one hour
Really Low Frequency Operating
- The world below 500 kHz (The wavelength is 1500 meters or just about a mile) has a number of interesting listening and communications opportunities with possibly more to come.
A low power 3.5MHz ARDF transmitter
- This low power transmitter is developed for ARDF exercising purposes but of course can be used as super QRP transmitter either. With 1 or 2 meter wire as antenna and a ARDF receiver with ferrite-rod antenna the range is about 100m but with better antennas and a 'real' receiver the range is probably much larger.