3 elements VHF yagi antennaupdated
- 3 elements VHF Yagi homebrew antenna designed with YAGIMAX 3. Maximum forward GAIN is about 8,17 DBi. This antenna offering an effective radiation power 4 times greater of the transceiver output by SV1BSX
Wire Antenna for 75 and 80 Meters
- This article is about a wire antenna that covers the entire 3.5 to 4.0 MHz band with an SWR below 2:1
consists of two coupled dipoles, one resonant at about 3.5 MHz and one resonant at about 4 MHz, resulting in the low SWR
Some plain facts about multiband vertical antennas
- There is considerable confusion as to what exactly a multiband vertical antenna is. The confusion concerns the method of feed, how much mismatch one can expect, how many radials are required, how the particular antenna is built for multiband use, plus some other points.
[ Hits: 1671 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
Vertical antenna for Vacation
- Vertical Vacation Antenna for 80, 40 and 20 Meter-Band, by Herbert OE3BMB
This antenna is a full size λ/4 for 20m and 40m band, and a shortened λ/4 for the 80m band.
Generally on the 40m band the SWR is under 1,6. In 80m and 20m band at the resonant frequency the SWR is about 1,1.
The Grid Yagi for 144 Mhz
- The Grid Yagi (or Grid Quad) is a high performance yagi antenna that can be built with readily obtainable inexpensive materials. Described here is a 6 element 2 meter version with a boom length of about 1 wavelength, shown
HF Antennas 101
- Here are 10 tips and truisms that every ham should know aboutantennas, by W20QI
[ Hits: 498 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- What you gain and what you lose.
While broadband and electrically small antennas may look attractive on the surface, they are by necessity compromises and usually donít work as well as tuned antennas.
[ Hits: 468 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- A source of knowledge for learning about and understanding antennas. The goal is to present a comprehensive tutorial on antennas.
Patch antenna for APT
- The patch, or microstrip, antenna has become a common workhorse for the microwave spectrum from about 1 GHz to tens of GHz.
This type of antenna consists of two conducting layers separated by a dielectric to form an
extended capacitor by WlHDX
- This Blog is about the Hong Kong Radio Amateur Station VR2UIX, rigs, antennas, accessories, DXing activities, HAM resources, knowledge, theory, practices, management, information technology and personal interests.