T2FD, The Forgotten Antenna
- The terminated. tilted, folded dipole T2FD is a little known antenna that performs excellently. Compact in size compared to a half-wave dipole the T2FD provides signal gain, wide frequency coverage, and exceptionally low noise characteristics.
Exploring the secrets of the Smith chart
- If you're a Radio Engineer wannabee, you need to understand transmission lines. It's impossible to really understand transmitters and antennas without understanding lines. Using the Smith chart is far easier than really understanding the math by Chris Scott and associates
Remotely-tuned loop antenna for LW and MW
- This article describes how to build a loop antenna for low frequency (LF) and medium wave (MW) reception with remote-controlled tuning. The antenna is extremely sensitive and can be built mostly from parts from old radios and tape recorders. Like all loop antennas, it is highly directional, which allows you to null out unwanted noise sources.
Multi Band Antenna Traps
- These devices are called Traps, but they are actually more like frequency sensitive switches. They are parallel resonant, high Q, tuned circuits which provide a very high impedance at their frequency of resonance.
N1KT-Housatonc Amateur Radio Club
- The Housatonic Amateur Radio Club was formed in 1995 to foster the development of Amateur Radio and advanced Ham Radio operating techniques, both through theory and on the air practice.
K5DX The Texas DX Society
- The Texas DX Society, founded in 1970, is an organization of radio amateurs in Houston, Texas who have a primary interest in DX chasing and contest operating on HF, VHF, and UHF
W5ECO - Houston ECHO Society
- The Houston ECHO Society is a general interest amateur (ham) radio club serving greater Houston Texas and is a ARRL Special Services Club.
Monaro NSW / Canberra Live scanner
- VHF/UHF Scan from Monaro NSW and Canberra (ACT). Stream/Feed contains text-tags with frequency, which is displayed in your media-player as title/Meta-data. Recommended that you use Winamp.
- Have you ever wondered where different modes should be operated, what frequencies to avoid as a courtesy like SSTV etc? This site offer a database for known net frequencies,known segments for different modes, known beacons