HF insulation, the pitfalls
- Although insulation may seem relatively insignificant in the larger picture, on it depends the quality of your performance on air and how long you will be communicating for.
- In order to resonate at a particular frequency, an antenna needs to be at least one half wave length long. Antennas below a 1/2 wave are dependent on a ground system for resonance as well.
Great Lakes Lighthouse Award
- Contact Award certificate is for any Licensed Amateur or Short Wave Listener.
We award this certificate to applicants who can verify contacts with a minimum of
7 Great Lakes Lighthouses/Lightships.
The Activators Award is for any Licensed Amateur who activates 5 Great Lakes lighthouses/lightships.
Lightning Protection International
- LPI personnel have combined experience over many years in servicing customers throughout the world. Our experience covers projects in some of the most lightning prone areas.
- FMI provides superior solutions in the design and manufacture of frequency control devices including Voltage Controlled Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators (VCTCXO), voltage controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO), Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators (TCXO), crystal clock oscillators, high temperature oscillators, surface mount and crystal oscillator products, phase locked sources and more.
- The Packet Terminal Driver program is a general purpose communications package for communicating with a packet TNC attached to your IBM-PC/clone. The program was written to work with the Kantronics range of TNC's but should work with any TNC that is connected to a serial port on your computer.
SDR-908 Portable SDR
- The SDR-908 is a software defined radio designed specifically for portable use, without the bother of being tethered to a PC or soundcard for the modulation/demodulation processing performed in this kind of radio.