- The word balun means balanced-unbalanced: it's used to adapt a balanced device to an unbalanced one
[ Hits: 36460 | Votes: 29 | Rating: 5.66 ]
HF Home made Balunupdatedpop
- A balun is a device that is used at the feedpoint of a balanced antenna when an unbalanced feedline is desired to feed the antenna. Balun is a contraction for BALanced to UNbalanced.
Use of tripods to assemble and balance big antennas
- Here is a way to ease assembly and balancing of a large antenna. The elements and boom are assembled separately in most cases. Once they are all together set up 2 tripods in the assembly area and put the boom on them.
G/T Simulations - by VE7BQH
- Here you will find information on how antennas behave when stacked
G/T is an important figure-of-merit for the antenna's overall receive performance, because it balances forward gain (G) against received thermal noise (T).
DirectionalWaveguide - Seattle Wireless
- Waveguide antenna is a type of DirectionalAntenna and is a modified waveguide. A waveguide is simply a tube, either rectangular or cylindrical in cross-section, that will carry a microwave radio signal with very low signal loss
- CWS ByteMark's Baluns (Balanced to Unbalanced) and Ununs (unbalanced to unbalanced) transformers are developed jointly with Dr. Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, who is known worldwide for his work on transmission line transformers
Radio New Zealand International
- Radio New Zealand International is a Shortwave Broadcaster. Our broadcasts are beamed to the island nations of the Pacific but can also be heard in other parts of the world.
Assessing unknown Ferrite Toroids
- Ok so you have had a good day at the Rally and you have come back with a carrier bag full of ferrite toroids that "just might be useful for something". How do you find out what they are? Very few seem to be stamped with any indication of their properties, and some are 'painted' garish colours which presumably means something.