The Hairpin Monopole Antenna
- Numerous questions have been raised concerning its performance, namely How can a balanced structure radiate? and What is its impedance? This article will attempt to answer these questions.
[ Hits: 1232 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Described is a simple inverted-V antenna which, when used with a balanced ATU, can be used on all the main Radio Amateur HF bands (80, 40, 20, 15 and 10m). The cental support is made in such a way that the wire can be coiled up for storage when the antenna is taken down.
Feeding an End-Fed Antenna
- End-Fed antennas are NOT balanced systems; but neither are verticals, ground planes, discones, windoms, zepps, Marconis, half-slopers, et al. Additionally, the low-impedance antenna port of your transmitter/receiver is not balanced.
Open Wire Feed Line a second look
- Put up the longest dipole you can fit, feed it with open wire line, connect it to the balanced output of your tuner and—poof! Instant multiband antenna. Is life really that simple? By Paul Danzer, N1II
- The "EZ-Tuner" is a homebrew automatic legal-limit antenna tuner that covers all amateur HF bands from 160-10 meters. Using a T-network design and controlled by a BASIC Stamp BS2sx microcontroller, the EZ-Tuner will match at least a 16:1 VSWR for either unbalanced or balanced transmission lines.
[ Hits: 5015 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
S-MATCH Universal ATU
- PA0FRI's "S-MATCH ATU" published in RSGB's RadCom March 2003). The Balanced Universal ATU Photographs of ZL2ML's S-Match were added.
[ Hits: 4580 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.14 ]
Emtech ZM-2 Antenna Tuner Kit
- The Emtech ZM-2 Antenna Tuner is a nifty little portable transmatch for QRP (low power). It utilizes the well-known Z-match circuit, which is especially useful for balanced antennas (like dipoles and loops).
[ Hits: 2972 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1.00 ]
Balanced Line Tuner
- A small Z-Match tuner, BLT, Balanced Line Tuner is a simple Z-Match tuner that works from 10-40 meters
6-Meter Ham Frequencies
- Alan Muir, VE7BEU, on behalf of the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association,(Victoria) is assembling and submitting the 6-meter Repeater pairs in use to the BC Amateur Radio Coordination Council.
A low cost 600 watt ultra-linear amplifierpop
- This compact little amplifier is the brain-child of Pat Murdoch, ZL1AXB, in Auckland, New Zealand. It is only 11" wide, 4" high, and 9" deep.
Operates for 40, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10m