The Moxon Rectangle on 2 Meters
- We often think of the Moxon rectangle as strictly an HF antenna. However, its small size and special far field pattern lend themselves to some VHF applications. So let's see how to adapt the design to 2 meters (as a popular band choice) and also see a few of the uses to which we may effectively put the design.
160 meter full wave loop antennaupdatedpop
- The antenna is a 10 - 160 meter horizontal loop fed with 450 ohm ladder line all the way into the ham shack to an Palstar AT1500BAL balanced line antenna tuner
Inexpensive GPS mobile Antenna
- An inexpensive external GPS antenna, for 1.5 GHz band for GPS receiver, If you operate APRS or just need an external antenna for your GPS receiver, here’s one that is easy to build yet offers surprisingly good performance in a compact size. Best of all, it uses commonly available components and materials.
UN DX Contest 2010
- The Kazakhstan Federation of Radio sport and Radio amateur (KFRR) and Ministry of Tourism and Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan are announcing the First UN DX CONTEST
All world-wide radio amateurs having the amateur radio licence are invited to participation.
Contest period: 12.00 UTC 22 May – 12.00 UTC 23 May 2010
Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m.
Modes: CW and SSB
- PropView is a free application that uses the included VOACAP, ICEPAC, and IONCAP engines to graphically display band openings between two locations over a specified 24 hour period. It can also build schedules for the IARU/HF beacon network and automatically QSY your transceiver to monitor each scheduled beacon.
- Multi-channel CW decoder and analyzer
for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. Simulatneously decode ALL cw signals in the receiver passband - up to 700 signals can be decoded in parallel and extract call sign
- EchoFilter uses the soundcard of a PC to process income audio signals in real-time. The narrow filter bandwidth allow the extraction signals and sounds from the audio signal that may normally be close to inaudible.
It is intended for radio HAMS, hobbyists, researchers, scientists and students in the DSP field.
- This is a Ham Radio Software Transceiver for Amateur Radio. Software works in Windows, Mac and Linux. HamSphere is a community for Ham Radio operators and other radio enthusiasts. Amateur radio equipment is not needed. The Transceiver uses java technology and covers all virtual Ham Radio and Amateur radio bands from 160 to 6 meters.
- DXKeeper is a free application that logs QSOs, tracks award status, generates QSL cards & labels, addresses envelopes, uploads QSOs to eQSL.cc and LotW, and downloads progress info from eQSL.cc and LotW. It can reference the RAC, Hamcall, and QRZ callbooks as well as the QRZ.com web site to fill in data when logging, or to update already-logged QSOs. DXKeeper automatically interoperates with all members of the freeware DXLab Suite, including Commander (transceiver control and bandspread for Alinco, Elecraft, FlexRadio, Icom, Kachina, Kenwood, TenTec, Yaesu), DXView (world map, rotator control), WinWarbler (PSK, RTTY, CW, Phone) and SpotCollector (DX and WWV spots). It also interoperates with MMTTY, MMVARI, MMSSTV, MultiPSK, MixW, DX Atlas, and Ham Radio Deluxe.
[ Hits: 15986 | Votes: 435 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Log For the Radio Amateur on allbands from 180 metres to 24GHz by G0MDO
- A free application that controls up to 4 Alinco, Elecraft, FlexRadio, Icom, JST, Kachina, Kenwood, TenTec, or Yaesu transceivers, switching between them manually or automatically based on frequency, and displaying frequency-dependent settings for devices like tuners and amplifiers;
includes a bandspread, and supports transverters, frequency and mode tracking by an independent transceiver or receiver, SDR-based panadaptors,
and SO2R switching with microHam or OTRSP-compliant devices.