- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWR meters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
Handi-Tenna portable satellite antenna
- Here is a high-performance hand-held beam antenna that is easy to build and guaranteed to improve your downlink from the LEO satellites over ANY rubber duck or mobile whip
Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service,
- The Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service, ACS, (Formerly Sarasota County ARES, RACES) is a program created to provide emergency communications for the Red Cross and Sarasota County Emergency Management.
Newark Amateur Radio Association
- The mission of this Association is to foster and promote the hobby of Amateur Radio, to provide repeater systems for the Amateur Radio community, to provide public service and emergency communications when needed, to provide education for licensing, and to provide a forum for members to meet and exchange information, share experiences, and socialize with one another.
- The purpose of the APRS-Beacon is to provide simple APRS-compatible position beacons for up to three Objects. It is designed to 'stand alone' and does not monitor other traffic on the frequency. It can use a single-port TNC (in 'native' mode), a single- or dual-port TNC in Kiss mode or the AGW Packet Engine in order to transmit on up to four radio ports.(When running with AGWPE, APRS-Beacon will also work with Windows 2000)
Portable PSK Station
- Color photos, schematic and diagrams for an article written by N2APB for Fall 2000 QRPp. Also the subject of a presentation made at the Pacificon QRP Forum in October 2000.An Integrated and Portable PSK Station for 80 & 20 without using a PC!