The N4GG Array
- Need a simple, nearly invisible wire antenna with reasonable gain, lowangle radiation (for DXing) and multiband capabilities? Check out this
long-overlooked design that requires no antenna tuner
[ Hits: 1644 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.80 ]
Effect of tower coupling on an array
- It's well known that a nearby tower can affect the performance of a vertical array, this article by NK7U describe measurements and prove interaction.
Phased Array Adjustment
- KM5KG article presents a lumped-parameter tee-network model of the coupling between radiating elements in a phased array in order to provide a physical and intuitive understanding of phased array operation and adjustment interactions
[ Hits: 418 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Bobtails are vertical arrays that look like the letter "E" turned 90° clockwise onto its tails. They have 3 quarter wave vertical elements and are one wavelength long. The Half Square is a shortened Bobtail- it has 2 quarter wave vertical elements and is a half wave long.
Baluns on Log Periodic Antennas
- Some antenna manufacturers place baluns at the incorrect location in LPDA arrays, or tell you to route the cable incorrectly. This can cause substantial RFI and all sorts of weird problems like RF into house wiring.