- One of the most popular Ham-lore rumors is a balun's performance can be tested or evaluated by grabbing the coax and watching for an SWR change. This is probably one of the worse test-rumors circulating
- Essentially, a choke balun is designed to 'divorce' your antenna from the feed line. if your feed line is coaxial cable then you don't want it to be part of your antenna. you want to be able to deliver all your power to the radiator itself, i.e. 'the antenna'. a choke balun does this admirably
HF Mobile Antenna HB9ABX
- Most efficient hf mobile antenna, This mobile antenna is designed for all HF bands from 10 to 80 meters an proved to be very efficient in my travels in South America on 15 and 20m for contacts to Europe and within South America.
2.4GHz Cubic Quad Antennapop
- The Cubic Quad antenna is a commonly homemade antenna in the range of about 150 odd MHz. Our little project was to design one of these for use in the 2.4GHz range for 802.11 wireless LANs.
- CWS ByteMark's Baluns (Balanced to Unbalanced) and Ununs (unbalanced to unbalanced) transformers are developed jointly with Dr. Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, who is known worldwide for his work on transmission line transformers
F5VLB amateur radio astronomy stationPriority listing
- F5VLB and EA4EOZ have designed a small but powerful system using satfinder and standard LNB to make radioastronomy. A step by step descritpion for the novice about radioastronomy, VLB and listening to echo of meteorite.