The Antenna Elmer
- Here you will find information about wire antennas as well as directional beams.
- Two element X-Beam is a high-performance broad-band antenna that is ideal for Ham radio operators with limited space. X-Beams are inexpensive and easy to build. The performance of the simple X-beam is amazingly similar to larger, more conventional antennas by 4S7NR
2 Stack Match Yagi Antenna
- Solves antenna matching problem with two phased antennas.
Stacked rotary beams are popular. However, connecting two 50 Ohm antennas together presents some problems.
VK2ABQ Wire Beams
- The VK2ABQ wire beam is described in Les Moxon's HF Antennas for all Locations which also contains the original references, but they are rather difficult to find. The VK2ABQ antenna is a planar wire beam that can be constructed from a single hub and four spreaders.
- NEC4WIN is a 32 bits commercial antenna simulation software based on MININEC3 developed by the Naval Ocean Systems Center in the 70s and 80s. It runs under Windows and can be used to simulate, analyze and optimize wire antennas, beams, verticals, etc.
NEC4WIN has limitations. They are the same as Mininec3 on which the engine is based.