A Cost Effective Current-mode 1:1 Balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:1 balun can be constructed from a length of coax and a rod typically used for a broadcast antenna loop-stick, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors.
Build a Basic Beverage Antenna
- Basically the Beverage is a travelling wave antenna made of a length of wire a small height (relative to the wavelength of interest) above earth. It can be terminated for unidirectional reception or left unterminated for bi-directional reception.
The Simple Collinear
- Wherever there is a need for a vertically polarized omni-directional antenna with gain, a collinear is used. The vertically polarized collinear takes the form of two or more half waves in-line and in-phase, resulting in an omni-directional pattern with maximum radiation near the horizon.
[ Hits: 8091 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.75 ]
Home-brew Compact 6dBi Collinear Antenna
- This page details the construction of an easy-to-make collinear 360 degrees omni-directional, vertically polarised, antenna for 802.11b/g wireless networking.
- A "choke" is the common name given to an inductor that is used as a power supply filter element. They are typically gapped iron core units, similar in appearance to a small transformer, but with only two leads exiting the housing
BiQuad Antenna for 144/440updated
- This is a vertically polarized Broadside and Collinear Array each Loop is a vertically polarized Broadside Array both the right and the left side of the Loop is a bent 1/2 wave dipole working 180 degrees out of phase with the other one and that gives you 4.15dbi of gain by KE4UYP
STěRY - Sudan DXpedition March 2003
- On March 20, 2003, we brought Sudan, one of the most needed and top-ranking DXCC entities, on the air with the call sign STěRY (Sierra Tango Zero Radio Yankee). After some 48,000 QSOs, STěRY became hiSTORY on March 31, 2003.
Ham Lookup by ZipCode
- This Database Lookup will return the amateur radio call sign holders which currently hold an active license and will be limited to the zip code specified You must enter at least three digits of the desired zip code.
Amateur Radio Country Files
- This web site represents the home of "Country Files", databases of entities (countries), prefixes and callsigns that are used by amateur radio logging software. There are three "flavors" of country files: CTY.DAT used by contest logging software such as CT, N1MM, NA, TR and Writelog
DX4WIN.CTY used by the DX4WIN logging software
WPXLOC.DAT used by packet cluster software such as AR-Cluster, CC Cluster and DX Spider
maintained by Jim Reisert, AD1C
VE3NRS Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club
- The Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club carries the club call sign of VE3VM. Our organization serves all amateurs and local community within the region of Niagara located in Ontario, Canada.
[ Hits: 183 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Halton Amateur Radio Club
- The Club was originally a special interest group, locally formed under its mother Club, the Peel Amateur Radio Club of Brampton
- Superbertha is an aesthetic, rotating monopole, custom designed and built specifically to fit your needs. a superbertha can be designed to any height you need or desire. there are many benefits of a superbertha, versus a standard guyed tower.
HamInfoBar - Ham Radio & SWL ToolbarPriority listing
- Free toolbar for radio hams & SWLs: Search QRZ.com, HamCall, FindU.com, Google, Wikipedia, eBay and other useful engines. Check the latest DX spots. Get links to QSL, satellite, forums, propagation, broadcast radio, maps etc. RSS feeds including Amsat & the latest eBay ham specials. Listen to ARRL, RSGB and WIA news & other radio stations. Plus lots of other features!
- CW Keyer software by F8EHO keyer and decoder functions, with interfaces with emitter/Receiver, memories, variables for call sign, mp3 and wav morse conversion, direct keyboard keying, joystick or serial interface for a morse key
BIP Electronics Lab Oscilloscope
- Freeware windows oscilloscope uses the sound card's input to measure signals. This means that the quality of the scope depends on the quality of your sound card.
The scope automatically uses the highest sample frequency available at the input that you select