- The cubic quad is a very popular way to get reasonably high gain and excellent front to back ratios as well as low angles of radiation for without going to extreme heights. Includes design for 2 6 10 12 15 meter bands
Copper J-Pole Antennas
- Conejo Valley Amateur Radio Club, article edited by Rory Eikland, KG6HCU and Ken Larson, KJ6RZ, they have had excellent experience building and using J-Pole antennas, and share their experience on planning VHF and UHF Jpole antennas.
Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
Boat Anchor Manufacturers
- Excellent and comprehensive history of Boat anchors manufacturers. Here are some manufacturers that boat anchor collectors should look out for:
Barker & Williamson Central Electronics Collins Radio Company E. F. Johnson Company Gonset Company Hallicrafters Hammarlund The Heath Company National Radio Company R. L. Drake
How access DX Clusters via internet
- The purpose of this page is to show you how you can access a DX Cluster via the Internet. There are many software applications available, some are free some are not. Excellent page from OZ2M
Chiltern DX Club
- The aim of the club is to promote HF operating in Amateur Radio and to encourage excellence, particularly in DXing and contest operating. We approach this through mutual assistance, by the support of DXpeditions, by the issuing of achievement awards and by whatever other means are deemed to be appropriate.
Sydney Scanner Frequencies
- One of the best compilations of frequencies in Sydney particularly SW. Include Police, other emergency people, Marine, the entire aircraft list for Sydney, RAAF squadron frequencies, UHF CB frequencies as well as a heap of miscellaneous frequencies like security, shoppin malls etc.
Lentini Communications, Inc.
- Lentini Communications, Inc. was established in 1954. Located in Newington, Connecticut, home of the American Radio Relay League, retail and mail order outlet serves all your wireless communication needs. Stock amateur, CB and shortwave radios as well as Nextel cellular phones and more.
Getting Started in SW Listening
- Excellent and exaustive guide to shortwave listening offered by monitoringtimes, includes operating guides, technical suggestions, buying guieds, antennas implementations and more, all what is needed by shortwave listening beginners.
- Radiomobile is an excellent and very detailed radio path mapping software, vhf uhf propagation predictor
This software is a tool used to predict the performance of a radio system. Windows freeware by VE2DBE.
- Gpredict is a satellite tracking program for Unix-like operating systems. In the begining (v. 0.1.x) Gpredict was just a GUI client to John Magliacane's excellent satellite tracking program, Predict, but due to performance problems it has been decided to include the tracking code directly into Gnome Predict (v. 0.2.0 and later).
DDS VFO Controller
- Control the NJQRP DDS Daughtercard from your PC. The DDS Controller has eight user programmable configurations. Each of the eight configurations have twenty memory cells for saving and recalling frequencies
- A freeware program to dig out weak signals buried in noise, functionally similar to the excellent FFTDSP of AF9Y, but with the added bonus of real time audio filtering of the incoming signals. Just point and click with the mouse, and the selected signal will stand out from the QRM and noise.
Antenna Noise and Signal Cancelling at LF
- By using the signals from two antennas, controlling their relative amplitudes and controlling the phase of one of them, unwanted signal or unwanted noise can be phased out. Circuitry is described which uses the signal from a wire antenna to provide selective cancelling against the signal output from an LF loop antenna.