Yagi Element Mounting Considerations
- One of the most important considerations when designing and building a Yagi antenna is the method used to attach the elements to a boom. This is true because the boom influences the electrical length of the elements. In this article JH Reisert explain with drawings techniques on mounting yagi antenna elements to a boom
Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service,
- The Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service, ACS, (Formerly Sarasota County ARES, RACES) is a program created to provide emergency communications for the Red Cross and Sarasota County Emergency Management.
About digital modes
- The digital modes provide a wonderful opportunity for those of us who would like to work on the HF bands but find CW too difficult and SSB phone prohibitive because of interference problems. The digital modes are easy to set up and get operating, require low power and a narrow band.
Antenna Noise and Signal Cancelling at LF
- The fact that the phasing between a wanted signal and an unwanted signal can be different on different antennas is put to advantage. With this condition, the unwanted signal can be cancelled out by controlling amplitude and phase. The heart of the system is some form of phase control circuitry.
Electron Tubes and Vacuum Tubes for Industry
- Electron tube and vacuum tube stock-list with prices 4. Audio, broadcast and industrial tubes, triodes, tetrodes, thyratrons, ignitrons, vidicons and CRT's, microwave devices, nixies and receiving types + Bird RF devices and test equipment. Quality tubes at reasonable prices with many hard to find items available
- Automatic Position Reporting System windows program, allow monitoring of real time geographical information such as the position of vehicles, the status of weather, radio direction finding and more.
- WEaudio was born as a program to record activity on VLF band, it can records audio file on HD as long as you want within prefixed pauses. It can starts record at the hour you want to monitor.
- DOS Freeware, DSPBOX is an attempt to code the Texas Instruments DSK 'C50 in such a way
to make it behave like a commercial DSP noise reduction unit, like the
NIR-12, the TimeWave 599+ and others. Not only the noise reduction function
has been implemented, but automatic notch, AGC and Band Pass have as well.
WD6CNF DSP Filter
- Audio Digital Filter, two bandpass filters, three notch filters, two noise filters
graphical setting of filter center frequency and bandwidth Drag vertical lines on top of signal,
Microphone input, speaker output
Mono, 5 kHz bandwidth
Konfabulator - DX ClusterPriority listing
- Freeware windows XP and MacOSX konfabulator widget dedicated to Amateur radio operators, is an easy interface to DX-Summit the ham-radio DX Cluster.
DX cluster spots represents live ham radio communication connections, and are an invaluable resource for amateur radio operators. Users can choose Bands or operating modes like digital emissions, QRP IOTA and more. Spots are refreshed automatically and refresh rate can be set by users, with a minimum of 100 seconds.
- This program allows CW operators to copy CW code with a computer. The decoded CW is displayed as text or can generate a side tone. There is a spectrum display of the audio with a sliding cursor to select a particular audio for decoding. The program also allows for keying a transmitter from the keyboard with full CW break-in operation.
- Supports both PSK31 and PSK63, sends and receives color thumbnail portraits by PSK63, displays 24 PSK63 channels simultaneously, and features semi-automatic mode selection between PSK63 and PSK31. Merely left-click on a PSK63 signal to copy, or right-click on a PSK31 signal to copy.
- TCUBE is a combination of a Spectrum Analyzer and a Two Tone Generator, with optional quadrature outputs. It can be used for measuring the intermodulation behavior of an audio circuit, and as a general purpose tool
- SpectraScope is a simple Windows interface program allowing your computer to view up to two audio waveforms in either the time or frequency domain. The program is a Windows soft panel operating as a dual channel oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer. The useful frequency of operation is 20 to 10,000 Hz in the time domain and 20 to 20,000 Hz in the frequency domain. The program uses the computer sound card to capture the audio input.
DDS VFO Controller
- Control the NJQRP DDS Daughtercard from your PC. The DDS Controller has eight user programmable configurations. Each of the eight configurations have twenty memory cells for saving and recalling frequencies
WD6CNF Voice keyer
- Audio voice keyer Microphone input, speaker output Live microphone enable
Record/play audio from twelve memories
Display text of recorded audio
Transmitter keyed via serial (com) port
Loop (with variable delay) audio output
- A freeware program to dig out weak signals buried in noise, functionally similar to the excellent FFTDSP of AF9Y, but with the added bonus of real time audio filtering of the incoming signals. Just point and click with the mouse, and the selected signal will stand out from the QRM and noise.