Cheap antenna to make from 160m - 6mpop
- The antenna is nothing more than a simple 2.4 metre square loop drawing pinned to the internal brick wall of the spare bedroom. Yep, thats right, the inside wall of the spare bedroom - ideal for flat dwellers, hotel rooms or whinging neighbours, The loop has a simple switched inductance at the top of the square loop and uses a simple coaxial stub to tune the antenna. An additional variable capacitor placed across the feedpoint can be used to fine tune the resonance of the antenna, by Andy G0FTD
Half square antenna
- The elevated half square antenna is a very simple antenna that can be constructed from common materials yet gives significant improvement over a dipole at the same elevation. Ground mounted versions of this antenna are commonly used in amateur radio for 75/80 and 160 meter bands
Colboth - Antique and ham radio repair
- Repair and restoration of not just antique tubed radios, but also new solid-state Amateur Radio products also!! Also, electronic kit building and troubleshooting, antenna grounding kits and products.
Coaxial Cable & Power Handling
- This calculator can be used to estimate the attenuation (dB loss), power handling capability, and transmission efficiency for some of the more popular Wireless Communications and MIL Spec cables at the frequency of interest
Assorted grounding hints and kinks
- Assorted Grounding Hints and Kinks and Technical Correspondence, Grounding Techniques, Conductivity in the Cold, Cold Ground, Is Your Radio Equipment REALLY Grounded?
Station Lightning Protection
- This website outlays the basic knowledge, safe design and installed equipment that are employed in the lightning protection system of a US Coast Guard Auxiliary Radio Facility. This should also be relevant to the Civil Air Patrol, MARS, and Amateur Radio stations who provide emergency communications capability for public safety or the military