A Lowband Antenna that is Almost Freepop
- The Shunt-fed Tower, an effective Low Band Antenna, uses your beam as a capacitive top-hat and only needs a simple feed network and a good ground system to work DX on 80M and 160M.
The Double Bazooka Antenna
- The Double Bazooka Dipole is a very efficient single band antenna which is very quite, and does not require the use of a balun. This antenna consists of coax (RG58) or other 50 ohm type with the shield split at the center and the feedline attached to the open ends
- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
Low loss Japanese coaxial cable
- 5D-FB,8D-FB,10D-FB cables offer very low attenuation comparable to that of famous Andrews' Heliax and 8D-FB is almost half that of standard RG-213 for an equivalent diameter!
Assembly of the Lightningbolt Quad
- One of the best antenna values on the market is the LightningBolt Quad. At about half the cost of a tri-band yagi, you get five band coverage with a single coax feedline and excellent performance from a light, low wind load antenna.
A Modern Thermocouple Ammeter
- Thermocouple ammeters are very rare these days, but the job they were perfect for - measuring antenna currents - is still a modern requirement especially in respect to groundplane currents. By David A. Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
- MicroSignals produces a line of RF and IF signal processing components that offer high performance at an exceptional value. To achieve this MicroSignals began with an engineering team that possessed an excellent background in RF Transformer and Balun design.
- Dds data- communication Data and Tele-Communication Solutions: UMTS GSM GPRS Telemetry programmers Adeunis RF systems, antennas, radio transmission modules, oscilloscopes GPS and coax cables dealer in Holland
RF Coaxial Connectors
- RF coax(ial) connectors are a vital link in the radio spectrum. Coax connectors are often used to interface two units such as the antenna to a transmission line, a receiver or a transmitter. The proper choice of a coax connector will facilitate this interface.
Grounding and RFI
- Described system was designed to provide a high level of lightning protection - there are three levels of defense to guard against let-through. It isn't perfect, but does, however, follow good guidelines and shows measured improvements in RFI reduction.