NVI 40 Meter Antenna Modeling
- The idea of using a low mount dipole, enhanced with reflector wires directly beneath the dipole, on the ground, appears to be a very good approach to creating an NVI specific antenna for local HF operation.
A Cost Effective Current-mode 1:1 Balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:1 balun can be constructed from a length of coax and a rod typically used for a broadcast antenna loop-stick, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors.
The Guanella 1:4 balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:4 balun can be constructed from two lengths of coax, two ferrite rods, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors. This form of 1:4 current-mode balun is named after G. Guanella.
Coax Dipole Calculator
- An efficient program to calculate dimensions of coax dipoles, or bazooka antennas considering velocity length of different coax cables. Express dimensions in feet/inch and meters/cm. Freeware by VE3SQB
Build a hanging dipole for 2 metres
- Described here is a simple omni-directional, vertically-polarized dipole for two meters. Made from coaxial cable, it can be rolled up and stored in a small container
Quarter Wave Verticals
- One of the most useful antennas in the repertoire is the Marconi or quarter wave grounded vertical antenna. Its invention made it possible to halve the length of antennas, simplifying communications, especially at HF and below.
Grig Radio Control
- Grig is a freeware simple Ham Radio control (CAT) program based on the Ham Radio Control Libraries (Hamlib). It is intended to be highly generic presenting the user to the same graphical user interface regardless of which radio is being controlled.
Grig supports the most commonly used CAT commands that are implemented by Hamlib, and integrates well with other ham radio programs like Xlog and gMFSK.
Grig has been developed on Linux, but has been ported on Mac and Windows OS.
Ameritron AL-1200 to gs35b Conversion
- The Ameritron AL-1200 Amplifier is in current production. In its factory configuration it uses a single 3CX1200A7 (triode) tube, grounded grid configuration. Re-tubing the AL-1200 with a GS-35b with success.
Lightning Safety & Power Quality Issues
- LightningProtection: Lightning Safety & Power Quality Issues. A moderated professional forum by recognized experts, for accurate technical information on lightning, surge and grounding information.