Transmitting Antennas For HF Broadcasting
- This paper discusses a number of common used HF transmitting antenna systems and corresponding reference antenna codes. The latter was developed in close consultation with regional coordination groups ABU-HFC, HFCC-ABSU.
- Radio Waves, FCC Rules, channel frequencies, phonetic alphabets, ten codes and more
Rob's UK CB Radio information site
- Robís uk cb radio information website, here you will find information on cb radio, swr, Morse code, frequency charts, 10 codes, q codes, z codes, cb chat room, cb radio forum plus lots more.
YO4PX Francisc Grunberg blog
- Articles about Amateur Radio, own writings and translations: history, DXpeditions, contesting and DXing ethics, Codes of Conduct, Suggestions for Pile-ups, Suggestions for Contesters, the most wanted DXCC entities.
- One stop site for scanner users in Louisville Kentucky. Frequencies,10-Codes,Unit Numbers,Scanner News and more. Covering Fire,Police,EMS,Disaster,Civilian Emergency,Aviation,Railroad and other services.
Scanner Master Police Scanners
- Police scanners by Uniden Bearcat Scanners, port radio scanners antennas parts or listen to live online emergency police broadcasts with radio frequency codes by Scanner Master
- DSCdecoder decodes the DSC digital signals from ships and coast stations using the sound card in your PC. You need a suitable MF, HF or VHF band radio receiver tuned to one of the DSC distress and calling channels or to one of the Navtex channels
- RadioRaft decodes 10 different ARQ modes, 8 different FEC modes, Packet, Baudot, CW... It works with a Hamcomm interface or a radiomodem. RadioRaft offers automatic detection of modes, speeds and shift. It comes with a frequencymeter/baudmeter included, it has signal frequency tracking and a bit by bit display mode. Very easy to use. practical and fast.
- WXSat for Windows 3.1/95/NT, decodes the signals in the APT format from NOAA, Meteor, Okean, Resurs, Meteosat and GOES Satellites (AM) with a Soundcard. WXSat can decode also FM-Fax for decoding facsimile-signals transmitting via shortwave
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.