160 meter linear loaded Inverted L antenna
- The total length of the inverted L is 240 feet, which is 7/16th of a wave length long. It has a 92 foot horizontal linear load section 1 foot above ground that terminates into a home-brewed parallel network tuner by KN4LF
An antenna for 7MHz local contacts
- This article describes the design of an antenna for local contacts on 7MHz, including a simple and efficient matching system that presents a 50 ohm load to the transceiver.
AA4DF's Consumer Electronics Repair
- Look for free manuals (download) in amongst paid offerings for test equipment manuals. The freebies page also has mostly ham material. We do also sell major ham collections at pretty much close to our production and distribution costs.
RF-overload for Icom IC 746 756 series
- The following transceivers can be susceptible to damage from a strong RF field (or RF-overload) IC-746 IC-746PRO IC-756 IC-756PRO IC-756PROII
IC-756PROIII n1eq explain why
HxPI Morse Jabberwocky
- A translation of Jabberwocky into Morse Code. The famous nonsense poem Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll, from Alice Through the Looking Glass, has been translated into many languages. Here it is in Morse Code, as MP3 audio files that can be downloaded. The files are at different speeds (words per minute, wpm) to suit those at different stages of learning morse code.
- SigJenny turns your PC into a flexible and powerful audio signal generator for free.
It can create multiple waveforms, sweep, fire single or repeating tone bursts. You can save your sound as a wav file, display a frequency response, use SigJenny a bit like an oscilloscope, and do a very good impression of a police car!