RF Cafe - Amateur Radio Links
- RF Cafe is a unique portal of RF, microwave, wireless, and other engineering resources. Vast collection of equations, references and conversions for electrical, mechanical, physical, and mathematical fields.
- Kiwa Electronics is a company that specializes in accessory equipment for the radio enthusiast. Our products include Filter Modules to improve receiver performance, a High Performance Medium Wave Air Core Loop Antenna for improved broadcast band reception, the Pocket Loop Antenna, the Earth Monitor, BCB Rejection Filter and Broadband and SW Preamps. We also offer numerous performance upgrades for popular receivers.
Micro Computer Concepts
- Micro Computer Concepts is a manufacture of radio repeaters, repeater controllers and repeater related accessories. MCC started making repeater controllers in 1988 and has supplied the Amateur Radio community with a varity of products.
- JT65 is a digital protocol intended for Amateur Radio communication with extremely weak signals. It was designed to optimize Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) contacts on the VHF bands, and conforms efficiently to the established standards and procedures for such QSOs.
- In the VLF portion of the spectrum it is easy to listen to the emissions created by the Earth itself. These emissions are generated by many different mechanisms and are often beautiful to listen to. Coverage on LF and MF frequencies
G4ILO Receiving weather satellites
- If you are interested in the environment, the weather and other natural phenomena then there is something magical about being able to see pictures of the earth from space just as it is right this minute. One way you can do this is by receiving images from weather satellites.
Near-Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map
- This map can be used to determine the frequencies that will always be returned to the Earth. Transmitted frequencies higher than the indicated contours (which are given in MHz) may penetrate the ionosphere, resulting in lost power to space.
The map shows the radio auroral zones as green bands near the northern and southern poles.
- Distance and directions calculation program using both Spheric, the perfect round earth model, and Vincenty's inverse ellipsoid algorithm, the WGS 84 earth model.
[ Hits: 1204 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.75 ]
- Add-in module to Microsoft Excel, contains a set of radio amateur relevant special functions:
DistSphericLocator(Loc1; Loc2) Calculates the spheric earth model distance between two locators [km] DirSphericLocator(Loc1; Loc2) Calculates the spheric earth model direction from Loc1 to Loc2
- SatEvo is a program to compute the decay or re-entry times of earth satellites. For objects nearing decay, it generates sets of orbital elements for each revolution. The format of the input and output element sets conform to the standard tle format accepted by many prediction programs.
[ Hits: 587 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- SATPRO is an earth satellite tracking software package for the IBM-PC and compatible class of microcomputers running MS-DOS. The forte' of SATPRO over other software packages is the accuracy of ephemerides produced and the number of simultaneous propagations that can be accomplished
[ Hits: 1028 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Ballistic simulator Orbit
- Ballistic simulator "Orbit" allows the physical principles of the motion in the gravitational field of the Earth to be demonstrated and learned. You can calculate with this program the ballistic trajectories of the thrown bodies and orbits of spacecrafts and visualize the astroballistic situation on the flat map of the world and on the rotating globe in the real time
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.