Two portable antennas for 6-meter
- VE7CA reprint an interesting article taken from arrl antenna compendium. Two elegant practical and portable 6-meter gain antennas, a two-element quad and a tree-element Yagi antenna for 50 Mhz-6 meter band
- Essentially, a choke balun is designed to 'divorce' your antenna from the feed line. if your feed line is coaxial cable then you don't want it to be part of your antenna. you want to be able to deliver all your power to the radiator itself, i.e. 'the antenna'. a choke balun does this admirably
A 5 band log periodic dipole array
- Modified version of the Telerana antenna which was orginially featured in the July 1979 issue of QST. The array is suspended within a framework made of fiberglass poles emanating from a central hub with the ends tied together with light weight rope around the perimeter. 10-15-20-30-40 meter band coverage
Mobile 2.45Ghz antenna
- A prototype 2.45ghz antenna for mobile use. This antenna has been u sed for surveying signal strength using a variety of free wlan tools.
Dish 802.11 Wireless Networking Antenna
- This antenna modification is for the IEEE 802.11b networking protocol that operates at 2.4 GHz. It can be scaled easily to the 5 GHz frequency used by IEEE 802.11a by simply scaling the dimensions on the feed can and the excitation antenna to 2.4/5 = 48% of the dimensions shown above.
14Km 802.11B link testpop
- G7EYT, Carl - G6NLC and Neil - M1NCD sucessfully completed a 14Km range check with 802.11B equipment and home built antenna's.
Elkins Training - FCC Training
- Ekins offers an fc preparatory training class for grol and for all commercial licenses, permits and endorsements, including gmdss, stcw and the 70-hour coast-guard approved course.