Trapped dipole for 80 and 40 m
- This article explores a theoretical model for the losses of an 80m / 40m trapped inverted V dipole antenna system using a bootstrap coax trap, but does not examine the pattern of the antenna.
An antenna for 7MHz local contacts
- This article describes the design of an antenna for local contacts on 7MHz, including a simple and efficient matching system that presents a 50 ohm load to the transceiver.
HF Antenna Switch
- The purpose of this remote antenna switch was to be able to select between four different antenna combinations The unit was designed to work at RF power levels of around 100 watts by G8JNJ
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
Open Wire Feed Line a second look
- Put up the longest dipole you can fit, feed it with open wire line, connect it to the balanced output of your tuner and—poof! Instant multiband antenna. Is life really that simple? By Paul Danzer, N1II
Making the W3DZZ Video
- A video guide of how to make a high performance,low cost HF multiband antenna for the radio amateur and shortwave enthusiast.
Fantastic performance and low cost.
Video made by Mike (M0RRQ)