K7MEM Center-Fed Half-Wave Dipole ( 3-30 MHz)
- A Center-Fed Half-Wave Dipole is probably the simplest of antennas to construct and use. It is usually suspended between two supports, from it's end insulators, and has the feedline hanging from the center.
Helical Feed Antennas
- Helical antennas have long been popular in applications from VHF to
microwaves requiring circular polarization, since they have the unique
property of naturally providing circularly polarized radiation. Paul Wade W1GHZ
Exploring the secrets of the Smith chart
- If you're a Radio Engineer wannabee, you need to understand transmission lines. It's impossible to really understand transmitters and antennas without understanding lines. Using the Smith chart is far easier than really understanding the math by Chris Scott and associates
- The "EZ-Tuner" is a homebrew automatic legal-limit antenna tuner that covers all amateur HF bands from 160-10 meters. Using a T-network design and controlled by a BASIC Stamp BS2sx microcontroller, the EZ-Tuner will match at least a 16:1 VSWR for either unbalanced or balanced transmission lines.
Monaro NSW / Canberra Live scanner
- VHF/UHF Scan from Monaro NSW and Canberra (ACT). Stream/Feed contains text-tags with frequency, which is displayed in your media-player as title/Meta-data. Recommended that you use Winamp.
COLLINS 30L-1 HF Linear Amplifier
- The Collins 30L-1 Linear Amplifier has 1000 watts PEP power input on SSB and 1000 watts average on CW on all bands. It can be driven by the Collins 32S-3 Transmitter Collins KWM-2 or KWM-1 Transceiver, or most 70-100 watt exciters.