A new method of radio direction findingPriority listing
- A method of finding radio sources with antennas based on omni-directionality (the less directional the better coverage). Uses energy levels and some sophisticated math (encompassed in a free software download on the site) to find x,y,z coordinates of the fox relative to the center of your antenna array. Can be overlayed on a GPS map to help you locate in real-time.
- jLog is a modern Freeware Ham Log program that can run on all major platforms, e.g. Mac OS X, Mac OS, Linux/Unix, Windows, etc. It offers a nice, clean interface and allows efficient entry of QSOs.
Import or Export of data using the standardized ADIF 2 format is possible to easily exchange data with any other decent Log program.
Built-in CW Keyer, CAT control for many popular, rigs, DX Cluster tracking, call lookups
- A Free Prefix, DXCC and Locator program
- Free program that interfaces most ICOM radios with the ILG radio frequencies database and lets you click a station in the database to tune your radio to the station, or scan the list looking for stations that are on the air.
- This free program displays the location of any locator on a map.
It calaculates between two Maidenhead locators the distance (km and miles) azimuth longitude latitude
Show the location, direction and distance as you move your mouse on a map!
Graphical Locator Program, By ON6MU
- This free program calculates the location of any locator. It calaculates the distance, azimuth, longitude and latitude between two Maidenhead locators. Converts longitude/latitude coordinates to Maidenhead locator Converts Maidenhead locator to longitude/latitude coordinates
abc Morse Code for Palm
- Palm OS Morse code tutor.
Farnsworth support, Flashing backlight support, HUGE font in random free run mode, a cool scrolly bar when listening to QSOs, a handy Morse-to-text-and-back translator / converter, built-in Q code quiz, For Palm OS 3.5 or higher
- A Windows95/98/NT control program for Terminal Node Controllers. In its Lite mode it's all the software many packet users may ever need, and it's frees
- The BayCom-Mailbox is an amateur radio/citizen band AX.25 Bulletin Board System with AX.25 store and forward capabilities. The software is available for Linux, DOS and Win-NT. OpenBCM is opensource and freeware.
N9ZLE ICOM - CIV Software
- IRC is a Free Radio control program for Icom radios using the CIV CT-17 or compatible interface. This program allows the use of different skins to display just about any radio from the IC746 to a secret agent watch. The program uses the new features available with the 746 and 756 to upload or save memories from your rig
WINRAD by I2PHDupdatedpop
- Winrad is a free software program designed to implement a Software Defined Radio (SDR), meant to run under Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows 98SE. In a nutshell, it accepts a chunk of up to 96 kHz coming from a complex mixer in form of two signals, I and Q, fed to the PC sound card.
Microphone connections by G4WPW
- Roy G4WPW has collected one of the most complete and interesting pages for microphone connections schemas and wiring. Includes Kenwood microphones schematics as well as Yaesu Icom Alinco Adonis Drake Heil JRC MFJ schematics