40-80 Half-Extended Double Zepp Antenna
- A dual-bander for 80M and 40m. An Extended Double Zepp (EDZ) is a 5/4 wavelength center-fed dipole.
This article will introduce the Half-Extended Double Zepp (HEDZ) which has characteristics that a lot of amateur radio operators should find quite interesting
The Broadband Double-Bazooka
- The Broadband Double-Bazooka Antenna — How Broad Is It? 18-1. (Adapted from Technical Correspon- dence, QST, September 1976) The increasing interest in using the coaxial dipole.
[ Hits: 4406 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.50 ]
Bazooka vs Dipole
- Discussion, will a double bazooka outperform a dipole, enough to notice a difference on 40m.
[ Hits: 4779 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Drawings and short descriptio in spanish for dipoles and bazooka antenna.
The full-wave loop antenna
- These omnidirectional antennas offer Horizontal polarization, and about 2.1 dbd of gain. They are much quieter than a dipole or a vertical, have a broader bandwidth and will usually out perform a dipole antenna.
Near-Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map
- This map can be used to determine the frequencies that will always be returned to the Earth. Transmitted frequencies higher than the indicated contours (which are given in MHz) may penetrate the ionosphere, resulting in lost power to space.
The map shows the radio auroral zones as green bands near the northern and southern poles.