- The cubic quad is a very popular way to get reasonably high gain and excellent front to back ratios as well as low angles of radiation for without going to extreme heights. Includes design for 2 6 10 12 15 meter bands
Frequency Calibration for Weak Signal Work
- Accurate calibration of your receiver and sound card is necessary for good results with the weak signal modes in use at LF. Modern receivers with master oscillators that are synthesized to provide all conversion frequencies greatly simplify the process. This article describes a method of making the necessary measurements and adjustments to an ICOM R75 receiver and a sound card, using the ARGO software
Colboth - Antique and ham radio repair
- Repair and restoration of not just antique tubed radios, but also new solid-state Amateur Radio products also!! Also, electronic kit building and troubleshooting, antenna grounding kits and products.
WinGrid & DOSgrid
- Gridconv.zip contains Wingrid.exe and Dosgrid.exe, DOS and (16 bit) Windows versions of a simple program that converts between NGR, Maidenhead Locator, QRA, and Latitude/Longitude. They are copyright, but freely distributable for no charge.
- Distance and directions calculation program using both Spheric, the perfect round earth model, and Vincenty's inverse ellipsoid algorithm, the WGS 84 earth model.
- B-Log is a very simple, free-form logging program that offers useful features for the shortwave or scanner hobbyist, including SWBC listeners, AM-BC listeners, utility listeners, and amateur radio operators. The program is both simple to learn and use, and very powerful.
- PetitTrack is a satellite tracker for the Sharp Zaurus SL-5x00 Linux PDAs. PetitTrack is based on the keplerian propagator algorithm used in kd2bd's Predict software.
- GorbTrack or Geostationary Orbit Tracker is a freeware program intended to be an aid in finding geostationary satellites. It produces output helpful in aiming dishes for receiving television broadcast satellites. The program also displays several astronomical values like the positions of the sun and moon
Assessing unknown Ferrite Toroids
- Ok so you have had a good day at the Rally and you have come back with a carrier bag full of ferrite toroids that "just might be useful for something". How do you find out what they are? Very few seem to be stamped with any indication of their properties, and some are 'painted' garish colours which presumably means something.
A 80/40m DDS controlled QRP CW transmitter
- JUMA-TX1 is a 5W CW transmitter for the 80/40m bands. Juha (OH2NLT) and Matti (OH7SV) have had high quality CW keying and a compact size as design goals for this project. No coils need to be wound to construct this transmitter!