- The first recorded use of the slinky as an antenna was by American soldiers during the Vietnam conflict. The slinkies were thrown over trees and used in emergencies when the normal antennas weree out of action
Bytes and hertz
- A blog devoted to the hobby of Amateur Radio (Ham Radio). The radio amateurs of the world contribute to public service and emergency communications. This blog hopefully will reflect that fact!
K7AAY- Kilo seven
- Focused on technology to serve emergency response in clackamas county, oregon.
Lake Area Amateur Radio Klub
- Welcome to the home page for the Lake Area Amateur Radio Klub (K5LRK) located in southern Denton county, Texas
- Since the beginning when a small group of Hams met to form a club in the southwest corner of Dallas County, it has always been known as SWDCARC or by it's full name, Southwest Dallas County Amateur Radio Club.
Operating Practice - ON4WW
- A must read guide for all new and old operators.
This document was originally written with the prime focus on DXing and pileup behavior. Suggestions by proofreaders have been implemented; the document is not as narrowly focused anymore as originally intended. It contains hints, tips and tricks for newcomers as well as old-timers. Additionally there are VHF/UHF operational matters, DX Cluster ethics, COPS, Conflict Situations and more.
NASA - Science@NASA J-Track Spacecraft
- The official NASA tool for orbital tracking of the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle is available through Human Space Flight's Orbital Tracking web page. Shuttle and Station tracking will be removed from J-Track in the near future, but many uncrewed satellites will still be available for tracking
- N4ATS - Devoted to the Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier. I have been rebuilding, repairing, and applying modifications to the Yaesu FL-7000 amplifier for 15 years. Over 200 units completed and counting!
- GeoAlert-Extreme Wizard maintains updated geophysical indices and displays the information in a friendly - at a glance - manner. GeoAlert-Extreme Wizard features a Global Maximum Usable Frequency, MUF, map that creates and manages predictions from the VOACAP engine.
Displayed geophysical indices include: solar wind Bz component, speed and pressure, current WWV type indices and predicted solar flux, planetary A-Index and probability of major storms at middle latitudes for the next day.
- Satellite Tracking and Orbit Propagation, Reports and Mission Planning Products, Pass Scheduling and Orbit Event Analysis, Dynamic Communications Link Modeling, 3-D Visualization of Complex Scenarios
User Defined Regions and Contours, Constellation and Formation Flying Support, Global Positioning System Coverage