Amateur Radio Astronomy
- A radio-telescop
e project observing the natural radio emissions of neutral hydrogen atoms throughout space.
Basics of Radio Astronomy
- This workbook was developed to support training for the Goldstone-Apple Valley Radio Telescop
e, but is a resource applicable to all radio astronomy.
Introduction to Radio Astronomy
- Starting point for some basic facts about radio astronomy, what radio astronomers do, how radio telescop
es work, and the kinds of research done with radio telescop
ATNF - Australia Telescope National Facility
- Operates the Australia Telescop
e, a set of radio telescop
es in New South Wales. These telescop
es are used, individually or together, to study objects in the Universe ranging from the remains of dead stars to entire galaxies.
- The world's largest fully steerable radio telescop
e, the 100 m antenna of Effelsberg in Bonn, Germany, operated since August 1972.
- A 15-meter diameter, submillimeter spectrum telescop
e. Situated near the summit of Mauna Kea, Big island, Hawaii.
Jodrell Bank - Nuffield Radio Astronomy Laboratories (NRAL)
- NRAL at Jodrell Bank are a part of the University of Manchester's Department of Physics and Astronomy. The Laboratories are home to the Lovell Telescop
e and the MERLIN & VLBI National Facility which is operated by the University on behalf of PPARC.
- The Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescop