- Essentially, a choke balun is designed to 'divorce' your antenna from the feed line. if your feed line is coaxial cable then you don't want it to be part of your antenna. you want to be able to deliver all your power to the radiator itself, i.e. 'the antenna'. a choke balun does this admirably
DirectionalWaveguide - Seattle Wireless
- Waveguide antenna is a type of DirectionalAntenna and is a modified waveguide. A waveguide is simply a tube, either rectangular or cylindrical in cross-section, that will carry a microwave radio signal with very low signal loss
DirectionalBiQuad - Seattle Wireless
- A biquad is a fairly powerful antenna which is relatively easy to construct, with impressive performance for their size. A link greater than 5 miles can be made with a pair of these as a stand-alone antenna and a Prism2 100mW card, provided you keep coax short, and your line-of-sight is clear.
Hy Power Antenna Company
- Full size or shortened dipoles, Single band or Multi band, Half Square Antennas, Fan Dipole Antennas, Delta Loop Antennas, Antennas completely assembled
Loading coil packages, delta loops
Rotating Tower Systems
- Using our components you can build a rotating tower with greater capability than 3-4 static towers. A rotating tower allows common rotation of HF stacked arrays, VHF and UHF arrays, and antennas mounted at optimum heights. Component design also allows tower shunt loading and end support for wire antennas
F5VLB amateur radio astronomy stationPriority listing
- F5VLB and EA4EOZ have designed a small but powerful system using satfinder and standard LNB to make radioastronomy. A step by step descritpion for the novice about radioastronomy, VLB and listening to echo of meteorite.
W6JOE's Power Box
- This is W6JOE's description of a battery box installation for an HF Mobile rig, which followed a number of messages on the subject on the Mobile - Portable mailing list. Interesting batteries setup.
- IP-Sound is a Free application for audio exchange client to client over a TCP/IPv4 network (Lan/Internet).
The main purpose for the existence of IP-Sound is to provide low quality audio 8-16kHz, with low latency for use together with remote control software for "ham" radio amateur equipment.
IP-Sound is developed by SM5VXC.
- SignalGen is a free (GPL) Linux (Xwindows GUI-based) utility that generates relatively low frequency signals with the use of a PC sound card. It is an entirely suitable replacement for a hardware signal generator if one doesn't require signals of a frequency higher than about 50 KHz. SignalGen creates any frequency between a fraction of one Hertz and an upper limit determined by your sound card's capabilities.
- ID Wizard is an ID timer with system clock setting and miscellaneous tools. Tools includes Notes, a full-featured “text” editor, Calculator,
Calendar for sun/moon times, Time Zone Browser
Conversion Utility Area, Distance, Mass, Power, Temperature, Time and Volume, Trace Route, Ping and WhoIs
Hombrewing an HF Transceiver
- This page will describe the construction of a multi band SSB transceiver with all its components Band Pass Filter, Oscillator/Modulator unit, RX/TX Mixer TX Amp I.F. Amplifier AGC VFO Driver amplifier Receive audio amplifier Final amplifier Low pass filter Digital display and VFO stabiliser