Trapped dipole for 80 and 40 m
- This article explores a theoretical model for the losses of an 80m / 40m trapped inverted V dipole antenna system using a bootstrap coax trap, but does not examine the pattern of the antenna.
Windom Antenna with 4:1 balun
- The Windom is an Off-center wire multiband Antenna. The old version was fed just by a single-wire connected on 1/3 of antenna's overall length or with an open-line feeder (later versions). Here is another model with coaxial feeder, which is compatible with Solid States - 50 Ohm output transceivers .
The Ham Band
- A music video describing the building of a modern contest station - it teaches you morse code at the same time! Musical styles change from French Musette to Viennese Walz to German Oompah and the musical key changes 25 times!
Frequencies for using digital modes
- These frequencies are to be used as a guide to find the related signals. They have come from several sources, and are, in no way, guaranteed to be complete, accurate, or inclusive.
Sights and Sounds of Digital Signals
- Preview the waterfall signature of various digital signals and listen to the sound of the digital modes. Learn about the bandwidth requirements and why a linear transmitter path is critical to successful and correct use of many modes on the amateur bands by W1HKJ
Olivia, the Magic Digital Mode
- Olivia MFSK digital communications are becoming popular in amateur radio because Olivia is one of the most robust methods of text keyboarding, that can perform superbly for long distance communications. Olivia frequencies, format and software
Brown Brothers Machine Keys
- The purpose of this article is to describe in detail the Morse code keys made by the Brown Brothers Machine Company (BBMC), to aid the serious key collector in identifying each model made by this fine company.
YAESU FL-2100Z Amplifier Repairs
- The FL-2100Z amplifier referenced in the following images is the 6-Band model covering 10m thru 160m (no WARC bands) and not the 9-Band version that included the WARC bands. Modifications, schematics and manual
- This simple program was written as a possible utility for those attempting to communicate using digital modes via paths that are intermittent and tenuous such as Aircraft Scatter at VHF and Low Earth Orbiting Satellites by G3PPT.
HF software digital modes for linux
- This software allows a standard PC soundcard to be used as a shortwave data "modem". The whole processing is done on the main processor CPU.
Support RTTY Amtor (Sitor) and Pactor 1 by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA
SPLAT! for Windows
- This free software is useful for visualizing terrain and performing Longley-Rice path loss and coverage prediction using the Irregular Terrain Model.
A Windows port of the Linux-based SPLAT by John Magliacane.