UN DX Contest 2010
- The Kazakhstan Federation of Radio sport and Radio amateur (KFRR) and Ministry of Tourism and Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan are announcing the First UN DX CONTEST
All world-wide radio amateurs having the amateur radio licence are invited to participation.
Contest period: 12.00 UTC 22 May – 12.00 UTC 23 May 2010
Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m.
Modes: CW and SSB
4NEC2 antenna modeler
- 4nec2 is a completely free Nec2, Nec4 and windows based tool for creating, viewing, optimizing and checking 2D and 3D style antenna geometry structures and generate, display and/or compare near/far-field radiation patterns for both the starting and experienced antenna modeler.
Can be interfaced to HFwin32 propagation prediction software.
WSJT High Speed Meteorscatter
- "Software uses four-tone frequency-shift keying for meteor scatter. WSJT stands for ""Weak Signal communications, by K1JT"", and plans call for the program to include more than one communication mode."
- Xastir is program for receiving and plotting APRS™ position packets. Development is a collaborative effort of programmers and amateur radio enthusiasts from around the world. Xastir supports many map formats and is highly customizable.
Xastir runs on Windows/MacOSX/Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris/Lindows. It supports 125 map formats, several types of TNC's and weather stations, Festival speech synthesizer, AX.25 networking (Soundmodem/Baycom/SCC!) and seven languages!.
- CQLog is a powerful logging program for Windows. It provides a comprehensive control centre for everyday on-the-air activities, including: full-featured logging of QSOs; statistics for many awards (for LoTW and eQSL capability); support for QRZ, RAC, GOLIST databases. You can save up to 3 pictures for each SSTV-QSO. Two-way data exchange with MixW2, and DigiPan. Integrates with DX Atlas. Real-time upload of QSOs to eQSL.cc. The program also offers a "contest-mode"; supports CAT systems for YAESU, ICOM, KENWOOD, Ten-Tec. Prints QSL cards, and QSL labels, addresses envelopes.
SeaTTY RTTY/NAVTEX decoderupdated
- Program to receive weather reports and navigational warnings transmitted on longwave and shortwave bands in RTTY and NAVTEX modes. None additional hardware is required - your need only receiver and computer with a sound card.
- Stream is a software that implements MFSK16 and MFSK8 modes designed by me and Murray Greenman ZL1BPU. It also offers a series of experimental modes based on FEC, interleaving and several modulation techniques (PSK, QPSK, MSK).