W5GI Mystery Antennapop
- W5GI Mystery Antenna is a multi-band wire antenna that performs exceptionally well even though it confounds antenna modeling software.
This antenna covers 80 to 6 meters with low feed point impedance and will work with most radios, with or without an antenna tuner. It is approximately 100 feet long, can handle the legal limit, and is easy and inexpensive to build. It is similar to a G5RV but a much better performer especially on 20 meters.
Common Mode Choke Theory
- A common mode choke may be used to reduce a type of electrical noise known as common mode noise. Electro-magnetic interference (E.M.I.) in the circuit's environment is one source of electrical noise.
[ Hits: 1416 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 1.00 ]
Common mode chokes
- Excellent article on limiting noise using chockes by Chuck Counselman, W1HIS
A 16 Turn S-Band Helixupdated
- This design represents the smallest practical antenna for Oscar-13 mode-S. Perfect beacon reception at all times is possible, and acceptable SSB even at 43,000 km range.
A Modern Thermocouple Ammeter
- Thermocouple ammeters are very rare these days, but the job they were perfect for - measuring antenna currents - is still a modern requirement especially in respect to groundplane currents. By David A. Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
Sound samples of digital transmissions
- Sound samples of the transmission modes recorded at 11025 samples per second, mono and the message in all of the samples is the same: "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 1234567890".
SSB Electronic USA
- manufactures and distributes HF, VHF, UHF and SHF equipment covering 10MHz. - 47.0GHz. Our products include: Wireless LAN / WAN Bidirectional Linear Amplifiers, Low Noise Preamplifiers - LNA's, RF Linear Amplifiers, Relays, Transverter Systems, Frequency Translation Systems, Downconverters, Antennas, Parabolic Dishes, Coaxial Cable, Relays, Antenna Switches, Microwave Test equipment, PC controlled Receivers, Microwave Linear Amplifiers including models for Telemetry, Wireless, and CDMA applications.
- Supply high quality accessories for your ham shack, including Band Decoders, various types of Antenna Switches, Antenna Stacking devices, special devices designed for the SO2R operator, USB Interfaces, Digital Mode Interfaces, Keyers and many others
QSK for the TL-922 and SB-220 mods
- Beautifully constructed amplifiers. Unfortunately, are not suited for high speed T-R switching, a necessary attribute for operating AMTOR, QSK-CW, or SSB-VOX modes.
Radio Scanner Guide
- A guide to selecting Radio Scanners; divides both new and used radio scanners into 6 categories, based on their specifications and features - e.g. analog trunking scanners, digital trunking scanners, etc; provides specifications on each model
Yagi Modeler Applet
- This java applet/application implements a simple yagi modeling code. The initial input is a really trivial 2 elmenent yagi.
[ Hits: 2186 | Votes: 16 | Rating: 4.94 ]
- Commercial software for the analysis of wire antennas. runs under most Microsoft 32-bit Windows operating systemsóWindows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
Analyze most wire antennas in free space, over perfect ground, or over real-world grounds with the conductivity and dielectric constant you specify. You describe the antenna to the program in easy-to-use spreadsheet-style input window
[ Hits: 3490 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Complex CAD and Optimization Software for Waveguide, Coax, Combline and Antenna components design and antenna modelling
- Easyterm for Windows(3.xx and above) is a sophisticated commercial application written for the amateur operator who wants to utilize all of the features of the AEA, HAL, Kantronics or SCS (PTC-II) modems from Packet to AMtor, PACTOR, PACTOR-II(PTC-II), GTor(Kam+), Clover(HAL) or PSK31 (PTC-II).
- Linux free multimode HF terminal program. Despite the name, gMFSK can send and receive many digital conversational modes typically used by radio amateurs on HF. Supported modes are:
MFSK (MFSK16 and MFSK8) RTTY THROB (1, 2 and 4 throbs/sec) PSK31 (BPSK and QPSK) PSK63 MT63 Feldhell
- Easytuner id an excel spreadsheet that tunes your radio. Works with all Kenwood and Icom receivers and transceivers that are computer-controllable.
Sets receiver and transmitter frequency and mode
- Satellite Tracking and Orbit Propagation, Reports and Mission Planning Products, Pass Scheduling and Orbit Event Analysis, Dynamic Communications Link Modeling, 3-D Visualization of Complex Scenarios
User Defined Regions and Contours, Constellation and Formation Flying Support, Global Positioning System Coverage
- Receiving Common Mode Noise shows how lack of a balun can contribute to system noise
[ Hits: 1545 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
Automotive RFI elimination
- ARRL pdf file on how remove car noise from your radio. Modern vehicles are RF noisy environments. Come learn how to identify and silence yor mobile noise sources, by WA6PDP