- The J-Pole antenna is an omnidirectional antenna that can be used for base, mobile and field day stations. It does not need a ground plane, radials or a complicated matching system. The J-Pole can be cheaply, simply and quickly constructed using a variety of techniques, some of which are discussed in this article.
Caribbean Maritime Mobile Net
- The Net operates daily on 7.241 MHz from 1100Z to 1200Z, assisting cruisers in contacting each other, being contacted by land based stations, and enabling them to keep in touch with their home bases, family and others
- Website by, for and about Amateur Radio Emergency Service volunteer registered stations in the Radio Amateurs of Canada, Ontario Section. Find out what we do, and how we do it, as well as how you can help.
What is DX
- Some people say the "D" in DX stands for Distance, and the "X" stands for the unknown, meaning hearing unidentified stations until identified. Read more on meanings of DX in Ham Radio slang.
Global Positioning System Primer
- Welcome to the Global Positioning System (GPS)
What is GPS? What is Navigation?
GPS Elements Satellites in Space Ground Control Stations and Receivers, How GPS Works - An Amazing System, Military Uses for GPS
- UR5FCM Log a powerful Ham Logbook. It is a working center on radio station on daily realization of radio communications, and also, since version 1.1.61 new features of work in digital aspects of connection
- Orbitron is a freeware (cardware) application dedicaed to satellite tracking. Allow tracking of ISS, Iridium flares, ham radio satellites, International Space Station, satellite passes prediction, orbits, auto updates and alerting