Setting the SWR of Your Antenna
- SWR (standing wave ratio), is a measurement of how efficiently your antenna system will radiate the power available from your radio. In simple terms, your radio would like to radiate all of its power, but can only do so if the other components cooperate
- BesserNet Reflectometer is a fun SWR calculator and simulator Java applet
About digital modes
- The digital modes provide a wonderful opportunity for those of us who would like to work on the HF bands but find CW too difficult and SSB phone prohibitive because of interference problems. The digital modes are easy to set up and get operating, require low power and a narrow band.
W2LJ's QRP Amateur Radio
- Dedicated to QRP, Morse Code and operating in the great outdoors, this pages contains a description of a CW QRP portable set, also some stuff on the Buddipole and PAC-12 antenna systems.
Ardf IARU Region II
- The IARU Region II ARDF Working Group defines the official rules for ARDF in IARU Region II, organizes the IARU Region II ARDF Championships, and supports the growth of the sport throughout the region.
ESA Portal - Calling all radio amateursPriority listing
- Radio amateurs worldwide are being asked to help collect data from the student-built SSETI Express satellite, due to be placed in orbit on 27 September. To encourage them, ESA’s Education department has organised two competitions and is supplying free downloadable software.
- MorseGen converts text into a WAVE file of Morse code. The Tone and Speed are adjustable and the WAVE file can be repeated at a pre-set interval allowing it to be used as a CW Ident for amateur radio applications which require it.
Safety: RF awarness guidelines
- Although Amateur Radio is basically a safe activity, in recent years there has been considerable discussion and concern about
the possible hazards of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), including both RF energy and power frequency (50-60 Hz) electromagnetic fields. This section summarizes what is now known and offers safety precautions based on the research to date.