Magnetic Loop Antenna Experiments
- Building a magnetic loop antenna feels more like a small plumbing project as the principle building materials consists of copper water pipe and fittings that must be soldered ("sweated") together. Full details drawing and details here.
How to build a tuned loop antennapop
- How can you vastly improve your Medium Wave reception? its quite simple really, all you need is 120 foot of wire, a few lengths of timber and an old tuning capacitor with which you can build the answer to every DX'ers prayers, a tuned loop antenna.
E. H. Armstrong
- Radio's premier inventor, Edwin H. Armstrong was responsible for the Regenerative Circuit (1912), the Superheterodyne Circuit (1918), the Superregenerative Circuit (1922) and the complete FM System (1933)
- Here you can find examples of old-time radio during its developmental period. The material consists of first-hand memories, gleanings from radio archives and other sources
Wind Watcher Warning Systems
- High wind warning system, programmable, gives progressive series of alarms at three windspeed thresholds. Can be building-mounted or made portable for storm spotters, chasers, etc. Totally unique system!
- BeaconSee shows you, in real time, worldwide HF band openings on your PC. Analyses the audio signals from your radio, which is tuned to the NCDXF IARU HF beacon network and shows you the signal strength received from each of the 18 beacon transmitters as a plot of frequency spectrum against time.