SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWR meters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
IK-STIC 2 vertical multiband antenna
- The IK-STIC 2 is a vertical, all band, antenna that is over 25 feet tall yet weighs under 5 pounds.
Based on a telescopic pipe or a fiberglass fishing pole, using a tuner it can easily cover the amateur radio HF bands from 40 - 10 Meters
WA4DSY 56KB RF Modem
- This is a prototype of the WA4DSY 56KB RF modem. It is intended for use on amateur packet radio networks. The modem generates RF in the 28 to 30 mhz range and requires and linear transverter to convert the signal to a UHF or microwave ham band
G4ILO Receiving weather satellites
- If you are interested in the environment, the weather and other natural phenomena then there is something magical about being able to see pictures of the earth from space just as it is right this minute. One way you can do this is by receiving images from weather satellites.
Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Automatic identification systems (AISs) are designed to be capable of providing information about the ship to other ships and to coastal authorities automatically.
CB Mic Wiringpop
- Excellent resource for microphones wiring including old make of cb radios.
Microphone wiring can be a real pain if you arent sure how to work out which wire goes where. On this page i will try to explain the basics and also give you the wiring positions for most CB radio's