Multiband wire antennas and ATUspop
- DC1YB experience on multiband wire antennas. In particular examine FD4 windom and G5RV antenna, considering noise levels and matching aspects.
Author reviews also the usage of Automatic antenna tuners in TS-50 TS-480 and GC-3000
The Crossed-Field Antenna
- Please be aware this article introduces a completely new concept in antenna theory. In fact, this is considered the most important development relative to antennas in this century. It is so pervasive that a series of articles are required to cover the concept and its applications to the depth and extent it deserves. This is the first publication about the Crossed-Field Antenna
- A new zealand radio servicemans personal tribute to old 'boatanchor' valve communications receivers, dx listening posts of the 1950's, early radio literature, vacuum tube (valves) collection, early tube testers, unusual
Antique Radio Page
- The antique radio page is the best place to start if you want to learn about antique radios. this award-winning site features a huge image gallery with hundreds of antique radios (tube, transistor, and crystal sets), useful articles, reviews of out-of-print radio reference books, and the amazing arp directory where you can search and find antique radios on the web!
- Multiplatoform freeware DSP software. Linrad has its origin in software that was developed for 144 MHz EME CW but it is quite general and should be seen more like a kit for designing a receiver that a receiver for some particular usage.
It can be used as a CW receiver with a small time delay and a fast waterfall graph. A dsp for conventional receiver to imporve signals readability, a spectrum analyzer.
Virtual Legacy Radio
- Windows remote control for Yaesu or Icom. Displays the current transceiver settings frequency, mode, and others on the PC in an old-fashioned way that corresponds to the look of receivers in 70's.
DX-Cluster Watch (DCW) is an application that automatically refreshes a web page with the dx-cluster content, parses spot lines from it, keeps a consolidated list and inserts the spots to VLR as frequency markers by OK1FIG
- tk150 experimental Software for the Standard VR-150 Receiver